News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The BMO expansion has been included in the Olympics budget if it were to happen, these documents were leaked initially and showed $80 million in upgrades to BMO center and $55 million for "Hall F expansions." We would also get a much needed $272 million field house which this city badly needs right now for its size.
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...luded-in-citys-potential-2026-olympic-figures

The fabled new arena isn't included in that budget? hm.
Seems odd, the VP plans included a new arena yet here they're planning on spending $10M on upgrading the 'dome. Seems like a silly thing to do if they're planning on demolishing it.
The way I interpreted the situation was that they were planning to get a new arena going eventually, but in a way that was best for the city as a whole rather than just the Flames head office.
Are these plans contradictory or did something big change?

With the way the Flames have been losing in the dome this year I'm starting to think maybe a new arena might help us out. That's just the superstitious hockey fan side of me though. My wallet has a different idea.

No name for this project (at Northmount and Brisebois) that I know of, but it is now above grade.
IMG_4903a.jpg

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG IMG_4905.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4903.JPG
    IMG_4903.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_4903a.jpg
    IMG_4903a.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4904.JPG
    IMG_4904.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4905.JPG
    IMG_4905.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 244
University District updates

Ivy
IMG_4907.JPG IMG_4910.JPG IMG_4911.JPG IMG_4913.JPG IMG_4914.JPG
IMG_4913.JPG

Noble
IMG_4909.JPG
IMG_4912.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4907.JPG
    IMG_4907.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_4910.JPG
    IMG_4910.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_4911.JPG
    IMG_4911.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_4913.JPG
    IMG_4913.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_4914.JPG
    IMG_4914.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_4909.JPG
    IMG_4909.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_4912.JPG
    IMG_4912.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 462
  • Calgary Co-op has closed on the acquisition of a prime piece of property on the corner of Macleod Trail and 58th Avenue S.W. Today, Chinook Plaza is a strip mall with 30 long-term tenants and the Co-op intends to continue in the role of landlord for some time, but the 2.3 acres of land immediately north of Chinook Centre has great potential as a future mixed-use development.
From this article:
http://calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/parker-omo-teppan-brings-kobe-beef-to-macleod-trail

Co-op is being extremely bullish, given the amount of development they currently have in the pipe. On the one hand, I am excited to see this property get sold to a land owner who has shown a strong desire to provide higher density, TOD development. On the other hand, I fear the most prominent feature of any future design will be a gas bar and car wash, turning its back to Macleod trail in order to accommodate a large surface parking lot.

• Calgary Co-op has closed on the acquisition of a prime piece of property on the corner of Macleod Trail and 58th Avenue S.W. Today, Chinook Plaza is a strip mall with 30 long-term tenants and the Co-op intends to continue in the role of landlord for some time, but the 2.3 acres of land immediately north of Chinook Centre has great potential as a future mixed-use development.
From this article:
http://calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/parker-omo-teppan-brings-kobe-beef-to-macleod-trail

Co-op is being extremely bullish, given the amount of development they currently have in the pipe. On the one hand, I am excited to see this property get sold to a land owner who has shown a strong desire to provide higher density, TOD development. On the other hand, I fear the most prominent feature of any future design will be a gas bar and car wash, turning its back to Macleod trail in order to accommodate a large surface parking lot.
Oh this is exciting. The site is the same area as the Midtown Market co-op (including large surface parking lot, but not the eyesore apartment building), so a full-sized supermarket could easily be built here, and if the parking is buried, a real urban node. This is sorely needed; the area around the mall has some decent density already, but the nearest mainstream supermarket is the Coop at Heritage. There's about 1000 people in the (affordable?) apartments in Manchester a block away from this site, another 2000 in the low-rise apartment strip along 57th St; another 2000 or so between 56th and 50th (the further north you go, the less dense -- also the more likely to be able to afford the Sunterra in Britannia's prices). It's a little far to the south, but the high-density strip on the south side of Glenmore has another 1500-2000 people, perhaps a 1 km walk is on the long side, but doing half of it through a mall might make it more tolerable. And that's current population; the overall area has the potential and ARP for a lot more.

Nice! I wasn't even aware of this one. Welcome to the site, and great share. There's a lot about the first level, but what's planned for level 2?
Thank you. They are aiming for some type of medical practice and other professional services on the second floor, like a law office

I like what I see in the renderings. I wouldn't want to be in this design after a heavy snowfall.

Back