News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think by “man vote”, this particular fella isn’t articulate or self-aware enough to say that this is a “toxic masculinity purveyors, microaggressors and condescenders vote”

Indeed!

What does a "man holiday" look like? A "man beer"? A "man wardrobe"?
I think I might be "manning" wrong.

Yeaaaaah...ok, how far east in Europe do you think this next regime here will take us?

I can't recall seeing alcohol for sale in metro stations of Moscow. I think I've been through about half the stations in Moscow (ignoring line 14 which largely aren't particularly useful locations). Some had retail attached/adjacent which of course sold something, but vending machines/retail inside the stations themselves were not much different than what we have in TTC.

I have less experience with St. Petersburg (used at most 3 stations there).

Sapsan trains have minimal bar service (wine/beer) but not the liqueur selection that Via offers.

So, probably not as far East as Russia.

Last edited:
I can't recall seeing alcohol for sale in metro stations of Moscow. I think I've been through about half the stations in Moscow (ignoring line 14 which largely aren't particularly useful locations). Some had retail attached/adjacent which of course sold something, but vending machines/retail inside the stations themselves were not much different than what we have in TTC.

I have less experience with St. Petersburg (used at most 3 stations there).

Sapsan trains have minimal bar service (wine/beer) but not the liqueur selection that Via offers.

So, probably not as far East as Russia.

I love this post, just so you know! :)

+++++++++
Ok, how far into the heart of Europe then? Because there, I know they sell beer willy nilly. I've never been to Russia however.

Yeaaaaah...ok, how far east in Europe do you think this next regime here will take us?

We can all dream of such adult options for adults, but we're not adults on this continent.
Shhh... If they hear they will come in the night. :)

Last edited:
Ok, how far into the heart of Europe then? Because there, I know they sell beer willy nilly. I've never been to Russia however.

I've not spent a lot of time between Germany and Russia as the timezone makes working remotely tricky; but in many of them drinking in public spaces (parks, etc.) is not legal. Public drinking actually seems more of a Western Europe thing (Spain, France, Germany).

Belgium perhaps. There is a Carrefour in Brussels that is (probably) in the government owned part of the metro station (Midi or Central IIRC); not fare-paid area though. Alcohol in Belgium isn't really banned anywhere but they do have strictly enforced public drunkenness laws.

Drinking on the Underground was allowed until about a decade ago. It's still pretty common outside of london to just passout near the train station waiting for morning service to start.

Last edited:
Memories of botellons in Madrid ca. 2009-2010.

Spanish cops are more likely to laugh at you being drunk in public than fine you.

I’ve been hearing rumours that there’s a video of Doug in the back seat of a car, and he’s not giving directions to his Uber driver. Seems a bit far fetched but at this point who knows. Anyone else?

I’ve been hearing rumours that there’s a video of Doug in the back seat of a car, and he’s not giving directions to his Uber driver. Seems a bit far fetched but at this point who knows. Anyone else?

That doesn't sound particularly believable, and extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence.

AoD

I don't understand the implications, can you please explain this rumour? Or is it just a joke, saying it'd be shocking that he's not so out of touch that he actually realizes that uber drivers use GPS?

Back