News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Suspect this has been going on for quite awhile, remembering someone here reporting that until a few days ago there was no sign on the lawn at Renata's house? She is brave and desperate willing to face the wrath of Doug jr.

Doug Ford finds millions in efficiencies in brother’s widow’s inheritance
Etobicoke, ON – After Renata Ford, his brother’s widow, accused him of stealing money from her Rob Ford’s estate, Doug Ford issued a statement showing how his cost-cutting measures actually help his brother’s family.

“The Rob Ford estate was bloated and wasteful. So much of it was going towards healthcare, his children’s education, housing, and other inessentials,” explained Doug Ford. “But how much money do his two children and their mother really need? It’s far better to put that money into private enterprises, like my bank account.”
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/0...-efficiencies-in-brothers-widows-inheritance/

Suspect this has been going on for quite awhile, remembering someone here reporting that until a few days ago there was no sign on the lawn at Renata's house? She is brave and desperate willing to face the wrath of Doug jr.

They said a sign did eventually appear. I wonder if it's still there.

Should we vote for the Doug Ford?

Let me think.
giphy.gif

From link.
Obviously, NO!!

It's rather brave (or foolish?) of Renata to allow this to be put out there knowing her name is going to be dragged through the mud.
I’m guessing that this was being used as a bargaining chip with Doug. You don’t agree to pay what you owe, we go to the media. Some minor extortion (if it’s not actually owed to her), but we’ve long known there was no love lost between them.

That was me who reported no sign on the Ro/ReFo lawn on Victoria Day weekend (and that a Kinga Surma sign eventually did pop up).

I *guess* I feel vindicated, or something--as far back as 2012 or so, I was wondering out loud whether things were as rosy at Deco as the Fords let on, or if this was another case of an Eaton-esque incompetent-next-generation wrecking the family business. And even post-RoFo, I *might* have been wondering out loud whether Renata would someday turn on her in-laws...

Ford Nation was Rob's tribe - Saint Rob of Etobicokus is/was always much more beloved by the acolytes than Doug. Altho Doug wasted no time taking on the sacred mantle, hosting the world's most ridiculous lying-in-state, and co-opting the @fordnation tag, there will be some followers for whom this latest Fordism will not be forgiveable.

Not that Ford Nation loves Renata particularly, but those poor fatherless and nearly destitute children - who Doug and Diane polished up and trotted out when it suited them - will definitely tug a few heartstrings. Although not proven in court yada yada, this lawsuit will cause more than a few FNers to turn against Doug. They likely won't zoom over to the NDP, but they may just stay home.

Andrea Horwath must be reeling. First Kathleen Wynne, now Renata Ford.

Ford Nation was Rob's tribe - Saint Rob of Etobicokus is/was always much more beloved by the acolytes than Doug. Altho Doug wasted no time taking on the sacred mantle, hosting the world's most ridiculous lying-in-state, and co-opting the @fordnation tag, there will be some followers for whom this latest Fordism will not be forgiveable.

Not that Ford Nation loves Renata particularly, but those poor fatherless and nearly destitute children - who Doug and Diane polished up and trotted out when it suited them - will definitely tug a few heartstrings. Although not proven in court yada yada, this lawsuit will cause more than a few FNers to turn against Doug. They likely won't zoom over to the NDP, but they may just stay home.

Andrea Horwath must be reeling. First Kathleen Wynne, now Renata Ford.

Well, I've said that Andrea is better at being a smiling, happy-go-lucky "Rob-figure" than Doug is--or in more general political-virtue terms, of all the present leaders, she's the one one'd most like to have a beer with (price immaterial ;-) )

Given the *specificity* of Ford Nation relative to the PC party in general, who knows how many might indeed bite the bullet and go for Andrea, if not lazily/shruggingly back to the Wynne Liberals. Remember: their municipal faith to Saint Rob didn't really translate provincially in 2011 or 2014, or federally in 2015 (or even 2011: sure, Harper made his 416 breakthrough, but Ford Nation cornerstones like, uh, Etobicoke North didn't follow along). Maybe there'll be last-minute cold feet once again...

That was me who reported no sign on the Ro/ReFo lawn on Victoria Day weekend (and that a Kinga Surma sign eventually did pop up).

I *guess* I feel vindicated, or something--as far back as 2012 or so, I was wondering out loud whether things were as rosy at Deco as the Fords let on, or if this was another case of an Eaton-esque incompetent-next-generation wrecking the family business. And even post-RoFo, I *might* have been wondering out loud whether Renata would someday turn on her in-laws...

Someone on Reddit said a couch was out on the side of the road last week and that a for sale sign is on the lawn now. Can you go by again? I don't know how the formatting will work but here goes:

huntergreenhoodie 18 points 3 hours ago

It is up for sale.
Drove past yesterday and there's a huge sign out front "ROB FORD'S HOUSE FOR SALE" and a phone number. Guess they're selling it privately and trying to use Rob as a selling point.

Some parts from the Statement of Claim, see link.

Neither Doug Ford nor Randy Ford have the education and business ability to justify their employment as senior officers of Deco Toronto and Deco Chicago. Nevertheless, they failed to retain competent and independent management to operate the businesses after their father's death, or to retain appropriate business advisors to assist them.

Doug Ford, in his capacity as a director and senior officer of the Deco Companies believed that Randy Ford was an incompetent manager who was not qualified to be a senior executive. Nevertheless, Doug Ford continued to support his brother in his position as a director and senior officer of the Deco Companies, and moreover left much of the operational responsibilities to Randy Ford during his political career. After deciding to devote himself primarily to politics and other interests, Doug Ford nevertheless maintained his position as an officer and director of the Deco Companies, and arranged to continue to receive very extravagant compensation, notwithstanding that the businesses were losing money

The defendants grossly overcompensated themselves at the expense of the Deco businesses and their shareholders and stakeholders, and gave no thought to whether or not their continued employment and levels of compensation were reasonable or appropriate in the circumstances

The defendants improperly arranged for friends and family members to be employed by the Deco Companies, in positions which were unnecessary or for which they were not qualified

The defendants negligently mistreated and unreasonably dismissed employees who proposed improvements on how the businesses of Deco Toronto and Deco Chicago could be operated or returned to profitability

The defendants improperly caused the businesses of Deco Toronto and Deco Chicago to pay for personal expenses of Doug Ford and Randy Ford, and of their friends

Someone on Reddit said a couch was out on the side of the road last week and that a for sale sign is on the lawn now. Can you go by again? I don't know how the formatting will work but here goes:

huntergreenhoodie 18 points 3 hours ago

It is up for sale.
Drove past yesterday and there's a huge sign out front "ROB FORD'S HOUSE FOR SALE" and a phone number. Guess they're selling it privately and trying to use Rob as a selling point.
  • overnighttest [score hidden] 2 hours ago

If that’s true, it’s trashy as fuck.

It sounds more sad than "trashy as fuck"--and makes me wonder what state Renata and the kids are in now, really, if it's all come to this point...

Back