News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Frak! Gods save us all.:mad:

I'm not worried.

I'd be worried if she showed up at my place and started trying to run my life. OK, 'worried' is the wrong word....I may have been looking for 'violent'.

It's not a big deal.....of course the man-child is having his mum help him out even though she's unqualified.

I'm not worried.

I'd be worried if she showed up at my place and started trying to run my life. OK, 'worried' is the wrong word....I may have been looking for 'violent'.

It's not a big deal.....of course the man-child is having his mum help him out even though she's unqualified.
Ford math and logic... don't have anyone competent or qualified? Use a gaggle of incompetent and unqualified people harrumphing about problems. Solved.

I have a feeling he didn’t ask for it. Much like Diane and Kathy did their interview after Rob’s drug issues came out. No one asked for it, Diane just felt she needed to intervene on her son’s behalf in some misguided belief that she could help the situation.

And so it begins. Doug Ford war against global warming.

Incoming Premier Doug Ford quietly axes Green Ontario Fund

Incoming premier Doug Ford has quietly axed an environmental program to help homeowners get smart thermostats, energy-efficient windows and other retrofits to reduce their hydro bills and fight climate change.

The $377-million Green Ontario Fund, financed by the proceeds of cap-and-trade auctions in which industries buy greenhouse gas pollution permits, is winding down.

See link.

Umm, which side is Doug on again?

And so it begins. Doug Ford war against global warming.

Incoming Premier Doug Ford quietly axes Green Ontario Fund

Incoming premier Doug Ford has quietly axed an environmental program to help homeowners get smart thermostats, energy-efficient windows and other retrofits to reduce their hydro bills and fight climate change.

The $377-million Green Ontario Fund, financed by the proceeds of cap-and-trade auctions in which industries buy greenhouse gas pollution permits, is winding down.

See link.

Umm, which side is Doug on again?

I will surprise some here, given that I am obviously passionate about the environment, and certainly concerned about climate change (and not a Doug Ford fan).....

I don't mind this decision.

I didn't like this program.

It was a very peculiar thought process that went into this, as w/previous home-owner targeted programs, they were really often hidden subsidies to producers of very particular goods.

(remember CFL bulbs and there adverse impact on the environment, as the early ones in particular had large concentrations of mercury, and most were improperly disposed of).

I would much rather the government stay agnostic on which supplier or product a homeowner (or business) chooses.

Raising prices provides the market cue that its worth your while, to invest your money in conservation in/on your property.

I think allowing individual choice often allows greater market innovation and more cost-effective solutions.

I would also add this amounted to a subsidy to homeowners, while broadly providing nothing to renters (recent changes varied this slightly), the program was not income contingent and so paid out, in some cases to people and businesses who could easily afford to make these investments on their own.

The government's proper role is to raise the standards in the building code, to mandate some retrofits over time; to modify standards for consumer goods (ie. setting an energy to lumen standard for light bulbs) and then to get out the way.

Such dollars would be better spent retrofitting government owned assets and then having the taxpayer reap the benefit of the operating savings.

I might be open to a very limited program targeting homeowners that can show financial hardship due to rising energy bills, who are low or lower-middle income.

But that idea sounds cumbersome even as I describe it, and I think we're better off leaving those decisions to the market, and focusing government on address inadequate incomes for low-income earners.

Back