News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm sorry, is this a joke? It was Brown's internal enemies within the PCs that engineered his downfall and ouster from the party, aided considerably by right wing media outlets like CTV News. Thug was either part of this little gang of sleazy palace coup schemers, or he was their willing stooge. We discussed this in some detail at the time on this forum, if you'll recall; it wasn't that long ago. And given that Brown was openly gloating about this gang of reactionary dingbats' electoral victory after they so spectacularly fucked him over, I'm not so sure that he's really deserving of our sympathy.

Since when is CTV News right wing? Do any of you even watch CTV Question Period or Lisa Laflame at night to hear all the vitriolic hate they spew about Harper, Trump, Scheer, Ford, etc. ad naseum while excusing all of the Liberals' misdeeds? Lol.

Ford's just fulfilling the promises he made to his supporters and, like it or not, many of the people who voted for him now voted for his brother's platform to slash Toronto City Council in half.

Since when is CTV News right wing? Do any of you even watch CTV Question Period or Lisa Laflame at night to hear all the vitriolic hate they spew about Harper, Trump, Scheer, Ford, etc. ad naseum while excusing all of the Liberals' misdeeds? Lol.

My father-in-law has worked in TV and Radio for 40 years and has confirmed the CTV demographic for me. CTV hasn't been actively "right wing" per se, but has generally been aimed at the boomer/seniors. The primetime procedural cop dramas, the religious programming on Sunday mornings, and the fact that CTV This Morning's set was nearly indistinguishable from that of 100 Huntley Street until recently are good signs of this. CTV show hosts have been conservative in appearance and non-threatening, or are big C conservatives (see: Mike Duffy, Pamela Wallin, Ben Mulroney). It's nearly impossible to find anyone under 40 in their news/current affairs programming.

So while not Fox-news level "conservative", they are aimed at a demographic that leans more heavily towards conservative politicians.

Ford's just fulfilling the promises he made to his supporters and, like it or not, many of the people who voted for him now voted for his brother's platform to slash Toronto City Council in half.

Neither Ford brother won their position with a majority of voters.

And Ford made no campaign promise to slash council in half or meddle in municipal politics. He's grasping for superficial ways "to save the taxpayers money". It's ill-thought out stuff to just look like he's actually doing something.

Last edited:
And Ford made no campaign promise to slash council in half or meddle in municipal politics.
You don’t have to campaign on every decidin you’re thinking of making. And municipal governance is as much the purview of the Premier as health care and education, he’s not meddling.

IMO, Ford is settling scores with old city hall opponents, but that’s not meddling.

You don’t have to campaign on every decidin you’re thinking of making.
Uh huh. And the Speech from the Throne?
https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2018/07/a-government-for-the-people.html

What's more astounding? Ford's thumbing his nose at established protocol, or those defending his doing it?

Here's an idea: Eliminate the Crown. Think of all the money it will save...Not "meddling" mind. But those Reginas? Fake news! And what exactly are they doing for the taxpayer?

Why, I feel a song coming on! (Sad)

► 2:19

THE QUEEN HATERS - I HATE THE BLOODY QUEEN - YouTube

(They're just settling old scores)

Last edited:
Uh huh. And the Speech from the Throne?
https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2018/07/a-government-for-the-people.html

What's more astounding? Ford's thumbing his nose at established protocol, or those defending his doing it?

Here's an idea: Eliminate the Crown. Think of all the money it will save...Not "meddling" mind. But those Reginas? Fake news! And what exactly are they doing for the taxpayer?

Why, I feel a song coming on! (Sad)

► 2:19

THE QUEEN HATERS - I HATE THE BLOODY QUEEN - YouTube

(They're just settling old scores)
Steve, I think you’d better meter out your outrage and hyperbole over Ford’s governance, as you’ve got four years or more of DoFo’s triggering you. Don’t spend all your powder on day one.

Last edited:
Steve, I think you’d better meter out your outrage and hyperbole over Ford’s governance, as you’ve got four years or more of DoFo’s triggering you. Don’t spend all your powder on day one.

I reckon @steveintoronto can last the four years at full tilt. I'm accepting bets.

The Tinpotdicktator will be reducing council, has anyone calculated what the savings are per person, not including having to hire more staff to handle the council affairs and paperwork? I heard whispers of $1.75 per person. I think Doug is hoping 311 will handle the volume of calls and inquiries.

From what I can tell, thus far, all these "cost-cutting" measures are actually costing us over $3B. So, what savings?
I have to pay for these guys' rigid ideological nonsense.

The guy can't run his own business, what the hell does he know about efficiency?

From what I can tell, thus far, all these "cost-cutting" measures are actually costing us over $3B. So, what savings?
I have to pay for these guys' rigid ideological nonsense.

The guy can't run his own business, what the hell does he know about efficiency?

Check out the statement of claim from this link, and download it from link. His company is a loser.

In terms of Ontario law, yes. But you've overlooked Federal and Constitutional Law...at your peril.

And the Feds have already taken the first step to get around Dougies' dirty doo doo:
[...]
“We are not going to try to rewrite the constitution because of one bad decision at Queen’s Park,” said Vaughan, who is parliamentary secretary to the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development for housing and urban affairs.

Instead, Vaughan said the Liberal government is prepared to bypass the province and deliver funds for housing and other programs directly to Toronto.

“We are going to work very closely with the citizens of Toronto and the democratic institutions that are left standing,” he said. “We will not shy away from working around provinces that are quite clearly doing damage to cities.”

That “work around” solution fits with a longstanding push from some advocates and city leaders for Toronto — as the country’s largest city and sixth largest government — to have more resources as a “significant order of government,” said Myer Siemiatycki, a politics professor at Ryerson University. In areas of federal jurisdiction, such as immigration, Ottawa could easily go around the province to deal directly with Toronto, a city that receives tens of thousands of newcomers every year, Siemiatycki said.

“In the Ontario context, where the provincial government seems to be putting itself in an adversarial position with the City of Toronto, it’s not surprising that the federal government wants to position itself as the friend and ally of Toronto,” he said.
[...]
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...tutional-fight-over-toronto-council-cuts.html

Touché Messr Ford!

What's Dougie gonna do? Take the Feds to court? lol!

Ford says Toronto has the most dysfunctional council in the country. Cripes, he might as well say the most dysfunctional in history for all it matters. Another thing, it's funny how the term " conservative " gets thrown around. I suspect that Ford would say he is not really a politician, just like big brother in D.C. muses ad nauseum. If this be an example of the new " conservative " logic, it must surely feel like lead weight in the pit of the stomach for any Red Tories still lurking about.

Back