News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Please forgive the foggy blur, it was really windy and my tripod just wouldn't stay put:

2258427087_f117f2a8fc_b.jpg

February 13th Update

The west side of Verve on a sunny day

verve2_Feb13-08.jpg

Boy, it really is quite the behemoth. Totally dwarfs the neighbouring high rise across the street. I like this one, but now I'm really wishing it were a bit more slender, less pudgy.

/\ It's amazing that Verve and Crystal Blue are essentially the same size. Once the Cruptal Blown complex is complete, it will completely change the nature of that whole street.

That's funny, for some reason when I saw this pic I was immediately reminded of Crystal Blu too.

Using the pic above, if you chopped off either side (the right side with the balconies and the left side that's all glass) you'd end up with a somewhat reminiscent size and feel.

Verve Construction Progress Feb 21, 2008

DSCN2192.jpg

DSCN2196.jpg

DSCN2197.jpg

^The elevator in the close up above is stopped on the 34th floor. It seems much, much higher, no?

DSCN2198.jpg

As many of you know I live in the west end (high park.) I am so bored by Roncevalles (sure there's some nice Polish joints like Intersteer--yummy food and nice ambience, Red Rocket Coffee is the most powerful jolt of joe you'll get for $1.50 in town--beats Ideal Coffee hands down!, Daddy O's Jack Keruoac milk shake is a hoot, etc) and Bloor West Village (total yuppy with kids yawn fest except maybe Max's) that I think I shall walk exclusively around the Eastside for the next month. That's how bored I am:) There's still a few streets I haven't walked down between Church and River. Danger. Crazies. Whatever I wanna see them!

Verve, I'm gonna (s)verve right by you soon!

Price per square foot

Price per square foot has shot up quite dramatically over the past year or so. In February 2007, it was running at around $335; same unit is now running at around $430 per square foot.

The building only has a few unsold units.

Yes, I admit it and, gosh darn it, glory in it - I bought a unit in Verve! Not an architectural jewel, but a huge unit and an excellent builder.

Some of the more hysterical comments here remind me of just how utterly convinced many people are of their own aesthetic powers. Thanks for entertainment.

Back