Tokens and tickets are to be phased out entirely. Cash is Presto by end of 2019.
Tokens are being phased out, but not only will their continue to be tickets for students and seniors, but they are reintroducing paper tickets for adults (which we haven't had for years) as they get rid of tokens. They'll be paper Presto tickets, but for the average user, the technology behind them is immaterial. There's also no plans to get rid of cash on buses and streetcars.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ted-use-presto-tickets-on-ttc-this-month.html

Tokens, tickets and cash will be a lonnng thing of the past once the DRL opens.
I daredn't prediction what fares we'll be using in the 22nd century! :)

Tokens, tickets and cash will be a lonnng thing of the past once the DRL opens.
I daredn't prediction what fares we'll be using in the 22nd century! :)
I almost replied before @nfitz , bit my lip, and scolded myself for being too cynical. But now fitz and rob have written it, I have to agree. The reason for cynicism is based in realism.

The cold vacuum from this regime continues. In fact I was just Googling "Ontario Treasury Board Report" again looking for clues. The clue is there. It's a vacuum, and to put it colloquially: "Vacuums suck".

Welcome to the Oppressive Conservative era.

As others have already pointed out elsewhere - it's "a", not "the".

AoD
I’d say the political order is: Scarborough > Sheppard East > Yonge > Relief Line North> Sheppard West > Bloor West > Relief Line South. While the needed order is: Relief Line South > Relief Line North > Yonge > Scarborough > Sheppard East > Sheppard West > Bloor West.

I’d say the political order is: Scarborough > Sheppard East > Yonge > Relief Line North> Sheppard West > Bloor West > Relief Line South. While the needed order is: Relief Line South > Relief Line North > Yonge > Scarborough > Sheppard East > Sheppard West > Bloor West.
If we would have built the connected Scarborough - Eglinton LRT, then I think your "needed" order would be our actual political order now.

I'd say that Sheppard east and Sheppard west should be reversed, but an otherwise good ranking

Must say it's nice to see a very strong support from many groups on the importance of this project (ie. Tory giving more than a lukewarm endorsement that this must be a priority, and other regions around Toronto realizing it's importance), but let's not kid ourselves by the time it's actually complete the Yonge line will be in crisis mode. It's an admirable problem to have such high ridership, but less admirable that transit expansion has been deferred for decades.

I'd say that Sheppard east and Sheppard west should be reversed, but an otherwise good ranking

We definitely know that besides Scarborough the Tories are dying to extend the Sheppard subway. This will definitely increase it's usefulness, but I still think Sheppard East LRT is a much sounder investment.

Ontario Transportation Minister Jeff Yurek worked as a pharmacist in a family business in St. Thomas, Ontario. I can see how that background gave Jeff the experience needed to decide on transit problems in Toronto... not.

Honestly, the best Transportation Minister would simply say yes to every staff funding request, no to extending the timelines without really good reasons, and push back as hard as possible against any premier driven changes to the plan (Ford can add plans, shouldn't be removing them). You don't need a lick of transit knowledge for that job.

Experience dealing with schizophrenics and similar might even be useful in managing Ford.

Maybe we should go with it. Build all the extensions right now and force all 3 transfer stations to the YUL to become so overcrowded that the stations have to close every peak period. You'll get the DRL of your dreams that way when 905'rs can't actually make it downtown. Right now you'll get a half baked DRL. I can imagine the Ford government creating a copy of Vacouver's woefully inadequate Canada Line and declaring victory otherwise.

Back