News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Cross post from the Sugar Wharf thread:

Based on this item coming to TEYCC next week it looks like ChoiceREIT is considering two towers for the Loblaw's lot.

Relevant photo and a snippet of the text:
View attachment 176156

...ChoiceREIT requested that the City evaluate a two-tower built form demonstration model that was based upon OPA policies and tall building criteria. Community Planning evaluated the demonstration model and concluded that the two tower policy changes proposed by ChoiceREIT were feasible and generally consistent with the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan, OPA, and relevant City policies and guidelines.

Demonstration Model

The two-tower demonstration model contemplates two tower forms with heights of 52 and 60 storeys. These heights are between the height of towers proposed for 55 Lake Shore Boulevard East and the two towers under construction on the Daniel's City of the Arts northern block at 143 Lake Shore Boulevard East. The proposed overall heights of the buildings are consistent with the policies of the Lower Yonge OPA, as they step down from 55 Lake Shore Boulevard East (Block 5) to East Bayfront.

Cool, looks like Block 8 to the south will be dedicated for office space?,
...with the LCBO tower to the west being 25s and the Daniels office component to the east at 14s, + 11s, i can easily see an 18s - 20s office tower planned for there

Cross post from the Sugar Wharf thread:

Based on this item coming to TEYCC next week it looks like ChoiceREIT is considering two towers for the Loblaw's lot.

Relevant photo and a snippet of the text:
View attachment 176156
The Lower Yonge Precinct Plan and the Central Waterfront Secondary plan shown above always saw the new Harbour Sreet dividing the "Loblaw lot" with the new Harbour Street ending at Lower Jarvis.

Cool, looks like Block 8 to the south will be dedicated for office space?,
...with the LCBO tower to the west being 25s and the Daniels office component to the east at 14s, + 11s, i can easily see an 18s - 20s office tower planned for there
View attachment 176167

which ones are the 52 and 60 storey builidngs? is it the one with "#2*" ?

Yup the one closer to Lower Jarvis the other #2 is the under construction Sugar Wharf Condos
This from TEYCC Report:

City Council authorize the City Solicitor, together with City Planning staff and any other appropriate staff, to attend before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal in support of a settlement of the Lower Yonge Official Plan Amendment with permissions for two towers on Block 7, which is bounded by New Street, Harbour Street, Lower Jarvis Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East.
See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2019.TE4.18

Last edited:
I'm curious how this gets redeveloped without taking away the area's only grocery store for a few years. Hopefully they can make it work.

Will the LBCO or Toronto star lands carry a supermarket store when it's completed? To help compensate first the lost of this grocery store.

I'm curious how this gets redeveloped without taking away the area's only grocery store for a few years. Hopefully they can make it work.

The plans have been re-gigged so many times...........

Can't be sure..........

But there was a supermarket contemplated as part of 1 Yonge at some point.

Aside from that.........Loblaws owns Jarvis/Queen's Quay.........they will not be trading away that store.

(a replacement will be obtained, likely before the existing one is demolished)

Foot of York/Queen's Quay had Sobeys, will have Farm Boy.

Coppa's and Longos are just up York Street.

Organic Garage was contemplating further east on Queen's Quay as I recall.

I think the area will remain fairly well serviced.

I think it was brought up in another thread of recent to which I cannot recall which one, that indicated they are no longer interested in developing this sight. Something about making too much money off of it as is...

...anywhoose, if anyone out ther can look up that themselves, to least correct me on this, feel free to do so. And sorry if I wasn't paying too much to the thread in question to recall it properly. :(

Back