upload_2018-10-5_9-0-52-png.159457

upload_2018-10-5_9-1-13-png.159458

upload_2018-10-5_9-2-18-png.159460
Wonder how birds will appreciate this architecture.

Penguins don't fly.

RE: your previous post

Vaughan is full of interesting "custom" architecture. It's just not any good. Toronto has enough junk tower designs. The last thing the city needs is to start relocating the 905's themed junk to the waterfront.

Vaughan is full of interesting "custom" architecture. It's just not any good. Toronto has enough junk tower designs. The last thing the city needs is to start relocating the 905's themed junk to the waterfront.
Meh, I'd settle for having these 905 themed junk along the 401 or something, over what we currently build there.

Meh, I'd settle for having these 905 themed junk along the 401 or something, over what we currently build there.

The 401 may as well be 905 in my books. Build away. It's knockoff junk compared to classics like 18 Yorkville, Mozo or Radio City or the new articulated designs like River City and Monde.

I'm not high enough to understand this. What does this have to do with cheap architecture? The horse bolted long ago. Poverty is in full force in Toronto and it's not because we haven't built enough skyscrapers.

Oh I was referring only to the image, the tweet for some reason inserted itself.

It was a joke on the horse having left the barn long ago considering that there are a good number of suburban-tier projects on the waterfront already.

Not sure how they intend to create a "downtown" with lawns between the sidewalk and the buildings.

Does anyone know where I can find a shadow survey for transit city... phase 1 (towers 1,2,3) and phase 2 (towers 4,5)?

We know it's developing quickly as a bedroom community, in any case. If the ground floors of the condos manage to get some worthwhile restaurants in them (good luck) and it becomes a place that people actually want to be, that could help bring in the office buildings that it will take to be a proper city centre: the two there now will not be enough.

Back