Larger version of a newer render:

Opt_01_EXT_04_DUSK_2ND_LANEWAY_08.jpg

I like the big rectangular cut out in the side of the house. The juxtaposition of styles between Toronto's current condo style and Toronto's Victorian buildings is in particular a kind of awkward one IMO and creative interactions like this I think help them feel more comfortable and new together.

Now it makes me think that many of these developments are embroiled in red tape @ city hall for years and end up in the LPAT because the area city councilor's are
looking to get as much cash as they can to put in there kitty from section/37-45? thank god that will all be changed soon.

Come again?
Ugh, come on, yeah a lot of the long waiting times (3-5yrs.) for approvals is 'how much do we give to get as much as we can, ..haha, it's a freaking game
OK, you tell me why the long waits with most ending up @ the LPAT?...and please don't tell me it because they're short staffed,
i've heard that a million times before:rolleyes:..

Ugh, come on, yeah a lot of the long waiting times (3-5yrs.) for approvals is 'how much do we give to get as much as we can, ..haha, it's a freaking game
OK, you tell me why the long waits with most ending up @ the LPAT?...and please don't tell me it because they're short staffed,
You've rejected something because you've heard it a million times before? Maybe people were trying to tell you that Toronto City Planning was short staffed. That would have been because they are. The city has been experiencing a massive wave of development for the last decade, and staffing has failed to reflect that: City departments having been facing calls, year after year, to grow the budget at less than the rate of inflation every year for a decade now, and that has very decidedly taken a toll: staffing has not grown to reflect service demand.

It's not just been that, though. Nearly everything that was not yet approved and was still in the pipeline in the first quarter of 2018 was appealed to the OMB under failure-to-render-a-decision-within-the-timeframe rules because lawyers told their clients that if they wanted to make sure that the buildings they had designed under a pro forma that took into account the OMB rules, would be heard under OMB rules. So, suddenly everything was going to the OMB/LPAT, just in case. In the meantime, the City has continued to talk to most developers about the proposals, leading to many applications arriving at LPAT with settlement offers (most that the City is approving of, but not always), meaning that short ratification hearings are replacing full hearings for most.

The Section 37 figuring-out-public-benefits stuff is done quickly compared to the planning decisions, is not causing the backlog, is just tacked onto the end of the backlog, adding a couple more months typically onto what's been a three year process otherwise. It's a ridiculously broken system, all of it, and Section 37 needs reform (and is getting it) but has not been the chief culprit mucking up the works.

What do you like about this website? Genuine question.

I've heard you complain about wait times a million times, so guess we can all disregard your posts then?

Back