News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I can't imagine how the finding a cushy job in the government for your mistress' father** isn't career-ending, but who knows. Important to keep in mind that how disliked he was before the cabinet shuffle last week - and then this.

** TBC

AoD
"As long as he keeps cutting waste putting money back in my pocket I don't care who he sleeps with. Besides, they need to hire somebody for each job, so why not a supporter?"

We should run a poll on which mainstream outlet will be first to break the affair angle. I'm voting for The Sun, released by Ford's team to get in front of the story. That's basically how Rob managed all his City Hall scandals - as soon as he was contacted by press for comment under responsible journalism doctrine Ford would go blab to Worthington or Levy.

Also willing to bet that Dean French has all the dirt on Doug's relationship with Surma. That's part of the leverage he had to push all his friends & family appointments through.

Last edited:
I can't imagine how finding a cushy job in the government for your mistress' father** isn't career-ending, but who knows. Important to keep in mind that how disliked he was before the cabinet shuffle last week - and then this.

** TBC

AoD

I'm pretty sure this is de rigeur in France, LOL

(former French PM) Mitterrand had a mistress and that was pretty much open, don't know if he helped her family land jobs.......

But somehow Mitterrand and Ford don't belong in the same sentence do they?

Likewise, JFK.

My personal take is that Ford and his government should be rightly taken to task for poor public policy and worse performance in its implementation.

On the whole, I really don't want to think about the man's sex life, that really is none of my business.

I do find hypocrisy and dishonesty to be problematic..............and in that regard this sort of thing can be damning..

Patronage appointments really are nothing new either. They aren't ok..........and in Tavener's case the position was high profile and the lowering of the qualifications bar terribly obvious, making it worse.

But let us kid no one, there are any number of JPs, provincial agency board members, and other members of quasi-judicial bodies (LTB, IRB etc) whose qualifications are less than impeccable.

Again the question here is one of degree and overt manipulation of job criterion and such.

Taken together, not ok, and if it sinks him, that's probably all to the good.

But there are frankly far more substantive reasons to be rid of him.

Last edited:
Someone who doesn't like Doug Ford put a rather clever ad in the bus shelter outside our building. Given that our MPP's office is across the street, they put her picture up and used her name.

So will this be the start of the end for Douggie? Mainstream media ignored the affair because it was private, but now with the nomination battle and father job there is public money at stake. Expect a lot of newsrooms are working overtime on this right now.

Possible outcomes:
  • Blows over and “special relationship” gets ignored
  • Body blow / embarrassment for Ford but he survives
  • Affair breaks, gets linked back to patronage scandal because now Ford is directly implicated and his party says enough is enough
I’ve said since the beginning that Ford will be the one to do himself in. Will be difficult to move past this - probably won’t be the final blow but it’s a big hit.

Serves the party right for electing a buffoon as their leader despite a well known public track record of consistent bozo eruptions. Who couldn't have predicted this? Doug's personality was no secret. I hope choosing him will come back to haunt them in spades in the next election, but they have time on their side, unfortunately. In three years voters won't remember or care about any of this, but the silver lining is that Doug is too stupid to reign himself in enough to prevent further gaffes.

And the thing about Kinga is, in and of herself she isn't a red-meat hard-right type--remember: she worked on Sarah Thomson's campaign in 2010, was an assistant to Councillor Milczyn, and while personally Conservative-affiliated she didn't even get the Flagg Nation endorsement when she ran for Council in Ward 6 in 2014 (I believe Tony D'Aversa did). Whatever "personal interest" DoFo has here clearly has nothing to do with ideological or populist vigor.

I notice they're starting to use this image to demonstrate what a dirty rat (or mouse) he is

surma.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is de rigeur in France, LOL

(former French PM) Mitterrand had a mistress and that was pretty much open, don't know if he helped her family land jobs.......

But somehow Mitterrand and Ford don't belong in the same sentence do they?

No....no, they don't.

The French know how to roll. I have a French friend and the stereotypes are true. It's all cigs and wine and cuts of cheese whilst biting off a piece of baguette, I shit you not. I'm all about it. The stereotype as personified by my friend and her friends wins my Life Satisfaction Seal of Approval.

Doug Ford is nothing like the French. Though, I guess maybe his weekly working hours are comparable.

Patronage appointments really are nothing new either. They aren't ok..........and in Tavener's case the position was high profile and the lowering of the qualifications bar terribly obvious, making it worse.

Never mind the lowering of qualifications. Though bad enough, the fact that the highest-ranking police officer in Ontario was about to be installed by associates of the premier and was himself an associate of the premier is seriously bad joo joo.

PS: If I see anyone who isn't French eating a baguette and cheese whilst having a glass of wine and a smoke, I'm calling "cultural appropriation" on their ass. You need the correct lived experience to drink wine and smoke copious amounts of cigarettes. True story.

Last edited:
And what does Mrs. Ford think about all this? Now that these particular shenanigans are finally being talked about in the media, is she all 'Stand-By-Her-Man?' Or will she be humiliated and completely furious at the cheating, lying, fat sack of garbage? Do I sense divorce proceedings in the near future? Will she leech him dry in court? And won't it just be a crying shame if that happens? To say nothing of the (renewed) media circus. Heh, heh, heh....

And the thing about Kinga is, in and of herself she isn't a red-meat hard-right type--remember: she worked on Sarah Thomson's campaign in 2010, was an assistant to Councillor Milczyn, and while personally Conservative-affiliated she didn't even get the Flagg Nation endorsement when she ran for Council in Ward 6 in 2014 (I believe Tony D'Aversa did). Whatever "personal interest" DoFo has here clearly has nothing to do with ideological or populist vigor.

Not to be too nasty about it, but I have serious doubts that anyone who's even a halfway decent human being would allow themselves to become intimately involved with as loathsome a specimen as Thug Ford. He's as attractive as a mule's rear end and is about as charming as a fist to the face, so that's not it. If Kinga's not a hard-right fanatic, then presumably she has more pragmatic motives in cuddling up to him, namely in furthering her career. Ick.

If Kinga's not a hard-right fanatic, then presumably she has more pragmatic motives in cuddling up to him, namely in furthering her career. Ick.

I'll presume pragmatism. She, herself, seems more politically...vacuous, shall we say. She doesn't seem a Faith Goldy, or even a Jenni Byrne.

Back in his municipal days, weren't there once so-fleeting-you'd-miss-them rumours of DoFo and teen hookers? And the original Frank Mag allusion to the Doug-Kinga dalliance made a point of pointing out the mystery woman was not much older than his daughters, and likewise had a "K" name. So what matters is that she's young, and hawt, and willing--and it sort of compliments how Krista married one of *his* buds.

He's a kreep (sic).

Last edited:
And what does Mrs. Ford think about all this? Now that these particular shenanigans are finally being talked about in the media, is she all 'Stand-By-Her-Man?' Or will she be humiliated and completely furious at the cheating, lying, fat sack of garbage? Do I sense divorce proceedings in the near future? Will she leech him dry in court? And won't it just be a crying shame if that happens? To say nothing of the (renewed) media circus. Heh, heh, heh....

She'll reach back into her deep Jewish history and persevere.

Back