News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

NEW: Despite suggestions from Premier Doug Ford late last week, Treasury Board will not review pending appointments in aftermath of patronage scandal. Instead, that review will be done by the premier's own office.

Premier Doug Ford bills himself and his government as “for the people,” but a new poll suggests a clear majority of Ontarians do not believe he cares about people like them.

The Corbett Communications survey for the Star indicates the cronyism scandal engulfing Ford’s office appears to be damaging the premier’s carefully constructed image as a champion for the little guy.

Asked whether “Doug Ford cares about people like me,” 67 per cent of respondents disagreed with that statement. Only 19 per cent agreed he does care about them while 14 per cent were not sure.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...e-doug-ford-cares-about-people-like-them.html

Premier Doug Ford bills himself and his government as “for the people,” but a new poll suggests a clear majority of Ontarians do not believe he cares about people like them.

The Corbett Communications survey for the Star indicates the cronyism scandal engulfing Ford’s office appears to be damaging the premier’s carefully constructed image as a champion for the little guy.

Asked whether “Doug Ford cares about people like me,” 67 per cent of respondents disagreed with that statement. Only 19 per cent agreed he does care about them while 14 per cent were not sure.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...e-doug-ford-cares-about-people-like-them.html

If Deco Labels (Doug Ford's family business) is being run like how the Doug Ford is running the Ontario government, do not do business with it nor (heaven forbid) invest in it.

I got a phone call survey yesterday with one question: if an election were held today would you vote for Ford. I answered no of course

Though it's noteworthy that except for that one that put them in the low 20s, most of the opinion polls I've seen have placed the Tories around the 30th percentile or so, give or take (and sometimes still in the polling lead)--as damaging and damaged as *Doug* is, my feeling is that the Ontario PC brand is still strong enough that a quick leadership switcheroo could be sufficient to right the ship...

This Taverner concussion can't be a coincidence. What's he afraid of and how long will he drag it out?

Agreed. Funny, isn't it, how this sort of thing just magically 'happens' when the Fords and their underlings need a convenient distraction? Remember the fake bomb scares at City Hall when Slob was mayor?

Though it's noteworthy that except for that one that put them in the low 20s, most of the opinion polls I've seen have placed the Tories around the 30th percentile or so, give or take (and sometimes still in the polling lead)--as damaging and damaged as *Doug* is, my feeling is that the Ontario PC brand is still strong enough that a quick leadership switcheroo could be sufficient to right the ship...

Also agreed. This is a no-brainer. He was never personally popular or well-liked to begin with. And I have every confidence he's made numerous enemies within the party since the outcome of that distinctly ugly leadership race, never mind the election. There's no way a man with his personality and behavior patterns could avoid doing so. He loves being an overgrown schoolyard bully too much.

When push comes to shove, the Cons will be a lot more ruthless than the Liberals or NDP in getting rid of dead weight (cough*Wynne*cough) if it stands in the way of getting re-elected. And Ford will never see it coming, the stupid son of a...

I got a phone call survey yesterday with one question: if an election were held today would you vote for Ford. I answered no of course

You're no fun...........

You should have answered..........

"I'm not sure"............."I have yet to to hear back on my appointment to that provincial job" LOL

Doug Ford cancels cell after too many calls from ‘special interest groups’

From link.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has cancelled his cell phone after his office says he was inundated with calls from special interest groups.

The premier has given out his cell number for months and has long touted it as a way for people to contact him directly.
His office says Ford had to cancel his phone on Tuesday after certain groups launched co-ordinated campaigns in recent weeks that made it impossible to use.

The premier’s office says people can still contact Ford through his official email and office phone number.

Ford has repeatedly given out his cell number at public events and urged people to call him if they have concerns about provincial services.

In front of a business audience in Washington, D.C., last February, Ford gave out his number during an event broadcast on television, urging people to text him because of the large volume of messages he receives.
Calls to Ford’s phone today were met with an automated message that said the line is not longer in service.

Only wants to hear from "his people", the rich and corporations...

...or to fill potholes. (Doesn't want his SUV to be damaged.)

Back