Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
New thread based on MichaelS's info for the project proposed at 9th ave SE where the Starbucks' and Trail appliances building is. No DP yet, so this could be just a concept rendering, but it gives an idea of the scale and type of building they are going for.

LabeledPR_1.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
I'm confused...is this a new proposal, or something to do with the one we saw the other day? It looks to be on the same land.

It's only conceptual, so hard to say how it'll look, but so far I like the use and the general scale. As for the massing, I would like to see a little more variation on the north side. It's a lot of glass. Outside of that it's going to be great to get rid of one of the last remaining parking lots along 9th SE and a crappy parking lot at that.

It's only conceptual, so hard to say how it'll look, but so far I like the use and the general scale. As for the massing, I would like to see a little more variation on the north side. It's a lot of glass. Outside of that it's going to be great to get rid of one of the last remaining parking lots along 9th SE and a crappy parking lot at that.

No doubt!

I'd be nice if we got something built on that auto dealership on the corner of 9th and 12th and something nice to fill out the east end of 9th.

Is this a library from the 1960's? I would hope considering it's context of a historical street like 9 ave, and being directly adjacent from The Nash they would try and fit into the character of the community. Maybe have some different material choices for at-grade? I dunno, maybe some brick. Just a thought.

Is this a library from the 1960's? I would hope considering it's context of a historical street like 9 ave, and being directly adjacent from The Nash they would try and fit into the character of the community. Maybe have some different material choices for at-grade? I dunno, maybe some brick. Just a thought.
It's only a concept plan at the moment, and the diagram is more to show the massing. Does anyone know if they have submitted a DP yet?

They have not.

No doubt!

I'd be nice if we got something built on that auto dealership on the corner of 9th and 12th and something nice to fill out the east end of 9th.

Agreed, those two corner lots at that intersection will be game changers when developed. From what I've heard, the NW lot (with the CIBC and ninth avenue auto is supposed to have a mixed used development with retail/hotel/residential developed by RNDSQR. Not sure if that's just a rumour but I've heard it quite a few times now from various sources.

Agreed, those two corner lots at that intersection will be game changers when developed. From what I've heard, the NW lot (with the CIBC and ninth avenue auto is supposed to have a mixed used development with retail/hotel/residential developed by RNDSQR. Not sure if that's just a rumour but I've heard it quite a few times now from various sources.
That would be fantastic.

Back