8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Right now it would be the perfect escape room

I dunno..............I understand the motivation to escape the interior............but then once you're out, you have to look at the exterior............

10 Dundas East was once proposed to be an indoor Disneyland.

That would have been a much better use of space than either Future Shop or Winners.

It could have competed with both Fantasy Fair and Sega City/Playdium.
I remember it was supposed to have the Canadian Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame and a 24 hour bowling alley with neon lighting or some kind of glow in the dark theme. It was going to be a amusement/entertainment tourist attraction like you'd see in Times Square. There was even talk of a wax museum.

I remember it was supposed to have the Canadian Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame and a 24 hour bowling alley with neon lighting or some kind of glow in the dark theme. It was going to be a amusement/entertainment tourist attraction like you'd see in Times Square. There was even talk of a wax museum.

Oh come now... what we need is a brothel or bordello.

What could have been...

I love that the new video board is already not installed flush- this building must be like kryptonite for people with OCD.

10 Dundas East was once proposed to be an indoor Disneyland.

That would have been a much better use of space than either Future Shop or Winners.

It could have competed with both Fantasy Fair and Sega City/Playdium.

I’m guessing that there are still anchor points on the roof for the planned rollercoaster. Disney dropped out late in construction so it was built to spec. The building was engineered to support a rollercoaster on the roof and a Drop Zone like ride on the side on that cylindrical part above the Jack Astor’s patio. I vaguely recall a bowling alley was also planned. Maybe where the GoodLife Gym ended up going.

I continue to hold a strong belief that this place would be a hit as an entertainment venue. Restaurants, movie theatre and rides. Winners and Dollarama add nothing to this building. I like the idea of an escape room in the basement where the Dollarama is.

I love that the new video board is already not installed flush- this building must be like kryptonite for people with OCD.
This board will be fine, the *last* board with angled monitors, two rows on the right side of it, was an OCD nightmare.

I’m guessing that there are still anchor points on the roof for the planned rollercoaster. Disney dropped out late in construction so it was built to spec. The building was engineered to support a rollercoaster on the roof and a Drop Zone like ride on the side on that cylindrical part above the Jack Astor’s patio. I vaguely recall a bowling alley was also planned. Maybe where the GoodLife Gym ended up going.

I continue to hold a strong belief that this place would be a hit as an entertainment venue. Restaurants, movie theatre and rides. Winners and Dollarama add nothing to this building. I like the idea of an escape room in the basement where the Dollarama is.
10 Dundas East could have been a perfect location for 5 Wits' first Canadian location (the nearest 5 Wits is in the Walden Galleria in Cheektowaga near Buffalo).

They've added a few rows of supports now. Maybe that they've got experience with the first two rows, they'll ramp up the pace with the next four.

This morning.
28BE1DEC-6AD3-4E14-BAEC-342940021E2D.jpeg

SOOOOO slooooooow.

Tuesday:

I was joking earlier this month that this would take 107 more days at the rate they were going but this was almost 20 days ago:
1629cf62-facc-4d09-98d9-ef090f8a13cb-jpeg.193372

They added a new piece last night. One per day. At this rate, the whole thing will be finished in 107 days.

View attachment 193372

In retrospect, this being completed in 3 and a half months is actually starting to look optimistic. They've lost 4 months of ad revenue already. What screw ups this management firm is. ??‍♂️

I'd love for a competent property management firm with mall experience like CF to take over this and integrate it into the Eaton Centre like they did with The Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back