Not getting better with time.
91FCBD4E-72AA-4F2D-9FA0-50ECEA397480.jpeg

Mercifully, this barnacle appears to be topped out.

How can it be hidden completely now??

Mercifully, this barnacle appears to be topped out.

How can it be hidden completely now??
I hear the Chernobyl Sarcophagus is available

call it Sh*t Haus.

Don't know why they used two different coloured spandrel panels. The blue-grey coloured spandrels and window frames should be outlawed. Jeez, five or six horizontal mullions on each floor, that must be a record!
I was thinking, if you're going to use that many mullions and spandrel panels on one building why not get creative with it and have some kind of clever or sophisticated patterning with different coloured and sized spandrels and maybe mullions with different accent colours. Trying to pass off spandrel as a monolithic solid wall cladding looks so cheap and unconvincing.

call it Sh*t Haus.

Don't know why they used two different coloured spandrel panels. The blue-grey coloured spandrels and window frames should be outlawed. Jeez, five or six horizontal mullions on each floor, that must be a record!
I was thinking, if you're going to use that many mullions and spandrel panels on one building why not get creative with it and have some kind of clever or sophisticated patterning with different coloured and sized spandrels and maybe mullions with different accent colours. Trying to pass off spandrel as a monolithic solid wall cladding looks so cheap and unconvincing.
That's what was done at Concert's Motion on Bay Street; lots of mullions, but the subtle use of colour there just saves it. Here colour is barely an afterthought.

This is not a defence of the architect but I walked by this yesterday and I thought the extraordinary amount of mullions actually added a very nice texture to the building and looked better in person than in photos.

Our flat window wall fetish has led to so many flat shiny buildings.

Can you imagine if all those mullions and spandrel on this building were brick though? It would be kind of wild and cool.

This is not a defence of the architect but I walked by this yesterday and I thought the extraordinary amount of mullions actually added a very nice texture to the building and looked better in person than in photos.

Our flat window wall fetish has led to so many flat shiny buildings.

Can you imagine if all those mullions and spandrel on this building were brick though? It would be kind of wild and cool.
Let me tell you about a little gem called PJ Condos...

Back