Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
Bush is a moron and a lousy politician

that is too generous of a statement.

i would have gone with "the cheese that accumulates underneath the foreskin as the result of not bathing for 2 months".

yeah Obama is overrated and that whole youth movement is as well.

McCain will just dominate the old white man vote and even win the middle aged white man vote handily.

yeah Obama is overrated and that whole youth movement is as well.

McCain will just dominate the old white man vote and even win the middle aged white man vote handily.

Well, Republicans will vote Republican and Democrats will vote Democrat, so it's always about the independents. Independents will probably look to elect someone who has a plan for the economy, and McCain is the worst candidate in that regard.

John McCain's primary economics advisor, former Sen. Phil Gramm (R), is probably as responsible for setting the stage for this crisis as anyone in the country through his legislative role in the deregulation of the financial services industry.

Also, highly inspiring is the fact that another of McCain's advisors is Kevin Hassett, he of "Dow 36,000" fame, sort of an avatar of boom market snake oil

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/185148.php

It's also worth mentioning that Republican voter turnout has been very low, and Democrat voter turnout has been very high.

The Democrats have to be smart (a lot to ask, I know) and get dirty if the Republicans want to. They made the mistake of taking the high road when Kerry was Swift-boated.

Well, Republicans will vote Republican and Democrats will vote Democrat, so it's always about the independents. Independents will probably look to elect someone who has a plan for the economy, and McCain is the worst candidate in that regard.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/185148.php

It's also worth mentioning that Republican voter turnout has been very low, and Democrat voter turnout has been very high.

The Democrats have to be smart (a lot to ask, I know) and get dirty if the Republicans want to. They made the mistake of taking the high road when Kerry was Swift-boated.

I think you will find McCain trying to take the high road.... but he will have a hard time with all the 527 (or whatever number) organizations doing their own advertising. It will also be impossible to control the right-wing talk show hosts since they don't tend to listen to McCain (other than to say he is too liberal).

As far as independents, the vast majority of independents tend to be centre to centre right. I would also guess that most people DO NOT vote on specific issues, who they identify with. It will not be decided on a specific issue, but most likely who they feel they trust the most (or distrust the least).

^Which is why a divisive and nasty primary will benefit McCain. The more Obama/Clinton trash each other, the less the people will trust them at election time - leaving McCain in a better position.

I expect the trash to get worse in the next few weeks.

^Which is why a divisive and nasty primary will benefit McCain. The more Obama/Clinton trash each other, the less the people will trust them at election time - leaving McCain in a better position.

I expect the trash to get worse in the next few weeks.

Which is why Hillary should think about putting the good of her party before her own ambitions and drop out.

Which is why Hillary should think about putting the good of her party before her own ambitions and drop out.

Barack Obama should think about putting the good of the party ahead of himself and put his ambitions aside and drop out.

Well you are part of the 22% that feel HC or BO should drop out. 6% feel that both should drop out :eek:

Well you are part of the 22% that feel HC or BO should drop out. 6% feel that both should drop out :eek:

I was using sarcasm, I don't think either should just give it up. They are both fighting because they want to be President.

We only have two political parties that are viable, and if there's only two competing candidates in a given party there's zero reason for either to "drop out" if they feel like their chances are real.

We don't have enough choice as it stands in a locked two party system.

Barack Obama should think about putting the good of the party ahead of himself and put his ambitions aside and drop out.

Sorry but I don't think it works that way.

Q. Which candidate recieved the greater number of states and territories?
A. Obama

Q. Which candidate recieved the greater number of delegates?
A. Obama

Q. Which candidate recieved the most support from established party leaders, including former president elects- the Kennedys, John Edwards, John Kerry, Ron Paul, Bill Richardson
A. Obama

Q. Which candiadte received the greater number off celebrtity endorsements?
A. Obama

Q. Which candidate has already achieved the unthinkable, getting a large volume of youth interested in politics again?
A. Obama

It would appear the will of the people is to elect Obama who in spite of his inexperience has the advantage of having less wrongdoings to his credit to account for. Mrs. Clinton is no angel who's proving to be a better Republican ally then any conduit for reformation of the crippled economy, obsurd war effort, mass homelessness/joblessness/uninsuranced/bankrupt. Who's putting their selfish nepotism ahead of guaranteeing a Democratic term in office over the next four years again :rolleyes:?

Vive la Obama!

Hillary getting caught making a ridiculous exaggeration is definitely going to hurt her significantly. When you get caught making false statements it takes a while for people to start to believe you again. Everything about her accounts of a trip to Bosnia were exaggerated which makes you wonder about what else she is exaggerating. Her response is: "I'm human"??? Everyone else running in this election is human too aren't they? Did Obama or McCain get loose from Area 51? Won't the American public be surprised when they peel off their plastic skin revealing that they are the people from V: The Series.

Undying, I clearly stated that it was a response in sarcasm to the idea that Hillary should just "drop out" for the sake of the party, I don't think Obama should just drop out, I think they should both stay in until all primaries and caucuses are complete.

Did I hear you correct, you are saying that you think Ron Paul has endorsed Obama?? Are you sure about that? I've heard nothing about this and don't think that could possibly be true given how opposed their viewpoints are.

BTW, I've become one of the supporters of this idea that the superdelegates should have a meeting before the August convention and decide who they will support just after the primaries and caucuses are complete.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105691/McCain-vs-Obama-28-Clinton-Backers-McCain.aspx

That is one of the largest untold stories. More Democrats leave the party if Obama is our nominee, whereas Hillary retains a lot more of the base.

This is what worries me the most, I like both Obama and Hillary and absolutely hate seeing numbers like this.

really I think democrates have vastly underestimated John McCain.

To them he is just Bush version 3 and an old man that should retire.

To a lot of people he is war hero, maverick and a tough guy and experienced guy. If people see more McCain and see the other two fight, McCain will get more popular.

Meaning by election time, McCain will be much harder to defeat. Really if the older people go to McCain, Obama is done no matter how many crazy cult worshipers Obama musters from Universities and Colleges from across the country. :p

Back