yeah, I hope they design something sweeter and taller In the downtown.

It (especially the crown at the top) looks much like the US Bank Tower (formerly the Library Tower) in Los Angeles:

Perhaps One Delisle is inspired by it?
I wish this tower was somewhere in the downtown, like somewhere near CN tower or Nathan Philip square or somewhere around YC condos.

Would definitely love a new tallest in Toronto to be somewhat along the lines of this or the US Bank Tower- which was the building that almost single-handedly gave Los Angeles's skyline its peak and definition.

This is Studio Gang first project here in Toronto but i'm sure it won't be their last, you never know
Here's hoping. They're still relatively small with offices in SF, Chicago and NYC so they don't output too much every year. If we could get a studio in Toronto I think we'd see a lot more.

small but with offices in 3 cities? what?
As big name, award winning studios go? Yeah, they're incredibly small compared to the likes of Foster, Gensler, SOM, BIG, KPF, Piano, Rogers etc. who are all in multiple cities in multiples countries across multiple continents. Studio Gang has enjoyed a good amount of success but they still only operate out of 3 cities which is pretty small in comparison to many. Hell even Zeidler is operates in more cities than Studio Gang.

Good on Slate, wonderful design. If they are able to persevere in maintaining the integrity of the design throughout construction, this will be an amazing enhancement to Yonge st.

If this building ever gets built this way. It's going to take a long time to build by just looking at all the detailed angels involved per floor of this building.

If this building ever gets built this way. It's going to take a long time to build by just looking at all the detailed angels involved per floor of this building.
It's true. Will have to watch the site plan submission drawings closely to see if the design is staying true or diluting.

Revised to 44 storeys and 155 metres, 293 units.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 1.13.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 1.12.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 1.13.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 1.11.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 1.11.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 1.13.09 PM.png

I'm forever wondering why in this City it is considered a win by City Planning / City Councillors to get something reduced by 4 storeys. What was wrong with 48? The stubbier 44 will look slightly less sexy on the skyline than the 48.

Oh well, at least it wasn't redesigned into some typical Toronto podium-box so I guess we must take wins when they come. Let's please build this.

Back