What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
no words.gif

While I think the design is a bit tacky, I do like the overall variety that this provides. Just really wish there wasn't a big parking lot in front. This area could have really used a boost to walkability, but perhaps it's not feasible with the level of density? I don't know, I'm just tired of endless parking lots.

@Daveography Fair.

To me, this project is tucked away enough (beside a graveyard and 3 blocks from 124) to not be that noticeable or detract any authenticity from 124. It's just an extension of "The Fairwoods" little strip mall just a block West. Which would be great if that European Sweetness shop can expand and move to a bigger bay in Manchester. Awesome Eastern European (Serbian) foods to pick from there.

Overall, more amenities, more people, more demand for development in the area. Would love to see some mid-rises go up on 124th North of 104 Ave.

So much hate for this project. What will everyone's opinion be if it ends up performing extremely well?
The same strong dislike.

I echo Dave.

The primary use for this development is small businesses. Businesses either do well or they don't; not the buildings they occupy. If a business I want to support moves in here, I will bring my patronage to that business and support them. However, that doesn't mean that I can't dislike the space they occupy. Those view points/opinions do not need to be mutually exclusive.

@westcoastjos Highly doubt anything will happen with that wall at this point.
Let's paint it dark blue so that it blends with the sky, and then nobody will notice it! Seem familiar? (Looking at you, Telus Toll Building).

'Nothing to see here, folks...' <<GC slowly backs away with paintbrush>>

Never fails to disappoint ?

First confirmed tenant:

Reference ID: Job No 353393154-002
Description: To change the Use from Warehouse Sales to a Brewery, Winery or Distillery (Arcadia Brewing Co.) and to construct interior alterations
Plan 9223242 Blk 20 Lot 1
Applicant: LAND FACULTY DESIGN
Create Date: 1/28/2020 3:11:45 PM
Neighbourhood: QUEEN MARY PARK

Back