Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Putting a liquor store there seems kind of irresponsible to me, not sure that's a store I would want to go to based on the number of homeless that will be loitering around. The security guard they hire will be quite busy I think.

The Superstore should have occupied both retail spaces on the top floor (a combined 99,481 sq ft) and the Olympia Liquor should be in the unoccupied 11,475 sq ft location on the main floor

This makes more sense, think there was a render before showing Loblaws on the entire second floor.

The old plan was for Loblaws to take the western 2/3 of the 2nd floor with shoppers taking up the eastern 1/3, now it has been flipped and apparently a ridiculously humongous liquor store instead of shoppers.

I doubt if there is the population density in East Village yet to support a store that size. If they are looking to draw people from the office core to the west or Inglewood, the location is a bit out of the way.

BDB3DAD3-6839-429D-AB25-FF4DA801E33F.jpeg
91B7EA6B-F00E-48FE-AC75-183133BCC701.jpeg

Well thank gods the tower is turning out decent. Was worried about it but I'm starting to like it.

Well thank gods the tower is turning out decent. Was worried about it but I'm starting to like it.
I saw it in person yesterday, and it looks pretty solid. Someone mentioned it in another thread, that there was a time when Vetro and Nuera were thought to be cool, and now we are critical of towers like this. Definitely a sign things have progressed.

Who the shite ever thought Sasso and Vetro were cool? Yikes. I definitely remember I thought Nuera and Alura were cool, but we've evolved away from such horrors.

Who the shite ever thought Sasso and Vetro were cool? Yikes. I definitely remember I thought Nuera and Alura were cool, but we've evolved away from such horrors.
Waaaaay back, circa 2005 people thought Sasso and Vetro were cool or at least okay. Soon Colours came along, and that was the end of that. lol

Sasso and Vetro were the first condo towers to go up in the 00's boom. I never found them interesting or attractive but they at least were different and the PoMo ornamental fins were unique for the time. Nuera was a bait and switch where the rendering showed a vision glass crown that was swapped for hideous spandrel. We were naive back then about rendering magic.

Back