Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
20 107557 STE 11 SA​
Jan 22, 2020​
Application Received​
730 yonge 2.PNG

Something is brewing here?

I imagine this is just a site plan application for the modifications to the ground floor that UofT filed a minor variance for a few months ago.

Pretty sure I've been inside this building only once, and that was many years ago when they used to have this used video games store. It's a very tired looking retail mall that could certainly use some rejuvenation.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, the changes involve Dollarama leaving. Removing the interior east/west hallway. And filling in at least part of the square where Second Cup used to be. Hopefully they'll fix the Yonge St. facade which is totally uninviting. I'll get some interior pix over the next few days.

I imagine this is just a site plan application for the modifications to the ground floor that UofT filed a minor variance for a few months ago.

That jives with what I’d heard of U of T’s plans for this site; they see it as a long-term redevelopment play but for now just want to clean up the ground level.

They do have other bigger as yet unannounced ambitions for a couple spots on the St. George campus in their pipeline, though...

Pretty sure I've been inside this building only once, and that was many years ago when they used to have this used video games store. It's a very tired looking retail mall that could certainly use some rejuvenation.
I literally came here to write this exact same comment.

730 YONGE ST
Ward 11 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal to alter the existing 20-storey mixed-use building by constructing a ground floor addition to the residential lobby as well as interior alterations to reconfigure ground floor retail spaces.

They should dramatically re-think the base of this beast.

Introducing generic signage and a grim cement board fascia is a "lipstick on a pig" solution.

Back