Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Sometime there are supply issues...but even so...no takers for those Brussel sprouts ha ha But we often have to put up with horrid quality because there isn’t any choice.
24FABC01-ABB6-4787-9379-8F7D88E92432.jpeg

Fort McMurray, and it’s often rotten. I swear we get the dumpsters from stores south. You will see lettuce slimy and going black, mouldy fruit, and meat repacked until it’s gone slimy and stinky. The only time I seen it shockingly nice was when some big wig corporate types were visiting one day.
Sounds like Fort Mac hasn't changed much from the days when I was there.

I only did a couple of years in Fort Mac, and it was interesting. I forgot about the supply issues. You had to hit Safeway and IGA on certain days when the trucks arrived. Back then I recall supply coming in on Tuesday and half the time things like Chicken were gone by Friday. I used to go back to Calgary on weekends, and would often come back to Ft Mac with a cooler full of stuff. lol.

I only did a couple of years in Fort Mac, and it was interesting. I forgot about the supply issues. You had to hit Safeway and IGA on certain days when the trucks arrived. Back then I recall supply coming in on Tuesday and half the time things like Chicken were gone by Friday. I used to go back to Calgary on weekends, and would often come back to Ft Mac with a cooler full of stuff. lol.
I walked through the new Urban Fare that’s at the base of The Royal totally shocked. All that beautiful produce and food! I’m 115 pounds...soon to be 125 ha ha ha. I’m still in Fort MAC, but looking for a rental for May. I have visited Calgary a couple times now so slowly figuring it out.

20 years in Fort McMurray, and in the Yukon before that. I am sooooo excited to be moving to a real city in the real world.

Welcome home man! We're happy to have you!

I'm literally a tour guide certified by tourism Calgary and work for a company called Round the Block Tours. I'd be happy to show you around for free so you can get your bearings.

Welcome home man! We're happy to have you!

I'm literally a tour guide certified by tourism Calgary and work for a company called Round the Block Tours. I'd be happy to show you around for free so you can get your bearings.
I’m happy to be going there. I am actually not a man, but I appreciate the enthusiasm for your city. Oddly, when walking around I found my bearings by LOOKING at the very buildings I knew about from this forum. Like, I have no sense of direction, so I’d look for the Montana, or the Telus Sky to figure out what direction I was walking.

Haha sorry, I meant "man" in the general sense, like "dude, gurl, etc"... but I suppose I did assume you were a man. Though I call women dude and men gurl on a very regular basis (in both gay and straight contexts for both but usually straight). I'm gay so don't really conform to heternormative nonsense, especially when it comes to words.

Either way, the offer stands!

lmfao! Excellent. Wow how things change in only 3 years.

Looking at the tower from the north and it appears to me that the vertical portion of north-east corner is angled. I took another look at the renderings and it appears to be a design feature that I had originally chocked up to the perspective used for the rendering. As more cladding goes up it might be something subtle that adds to the appearance of the tower. I'm looking forward to seeing how it shakes out.

Back