Not a huge fan of the public park addition here. Wish they would have just diverted funds for that to an existing park nearby, rather than create a dead zone next to a busy intersection.

1578098874294.png

1578099073742.png

1578098924969.png

1578098971523.png

A latecomer here, but are the units sold out? I seem to come across ads that imply they're still in registration phase?

New docs posted May 4:

1589228902106.png

1589228948578.png

1589228981154.png

1589229022628.png

1589229070549.png

1589229095309.png

Might just be me, but looking at the side facing the park/ green space, the design looks a lot like Tridel's Signature Buildings at The Well, just blander. But don't get me wrong, this design is a great addition to the area, and better than another glass box.

It's going to be interesting to see in a couple decades when our avenues are lined with buildings of this kind of massing. Will be quite a different experience of the city! A lot of them have this sort of "battleship" quality to me — not in a bad way. I think it will look nice when it catches the light.

They're missing 3 or 4 money lending and remittance store fronts.
Wish the city could make them plan for retail of a little higher quality than the trash on this street so far.

I'm guessing this is another attempt and retail/living units that have been a dud down the street from here.

They're missing 3 or 4 money lending and remittance store fronts.
Wish the city could make them plan for retail of a little higher quality than the trash on this street so far.

I'm guessing this is another attempt and retail/living units that have been a dud down the street from here.
How would the city direct the leasing of space in a private development? Beyond the permitted uses in zoning, that's a bit tough to do. And further beyond that, I don't think having them meddle is something I even *want* to entertain...

How would the city direct the leasing of space in a private development? Beyond the permitted uses in zoning, that's a bit tough to do. And further beyond that, I don't think having them meddle is something I even *want* to entertain...

Maybe a minimum sqr footage per unit.
They city can also control the number of certain businesses in specific locations.

Minimum areas for units could / would have the adverse effect of not allowing smaller, more neighbourhood-y, spots to open up. Generally, only larger / more corporatized entities can take those kinds of spaces.

If what you want is an independent coffee shop, why mandate that it has to be the size of a Shoppers?

Back