drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
With the Peel School Board deciding to close Gordon Graydon High School in Port Credit come 2018, there is talk about relocating Adult Education Centre South campus to Gordon Graydon and selling the land for development.

This is next to the Solmar Condos to the east, but the building will be mid rise due to the low density on the other 3 sides of it. Could add a street or 2 to the block.

They need to retain the sport field, but could be located else where on the site. It a good size of land for development

Last edited:
The Peel School Board has decided to close not only TL Kennedy, but also Gordon Graydon, Glen Forest and Lorne Park and Woodland High School come 2018 due to low enrollment.

TL is a site that being calling out for years to be redevelop due to its large site and it's a good time to do so with the plan Cooksville master plan on the table. This site would be a good location for a community centre, sports fields and mix development.

If the rest of the area buildings could be had, some great development can take place for it and support the new LRT line.

One developer is needed for this area to create the vision for the Cooksville Master Plan.

The Peel School Board has decided to close not only TL Kennedy, but also Gordon Graydon, Glen Forest and Lorne Park and Woodland High School come 2018 due to low enrollment.
lol, no... The PDSB is not planning to close 5 high schools.

The only one under consideration at the moment is Gordon Graydon.

MIssissauga: File: SP 18 107

Interesting. I'm wondering if this new public school will replace Fairview Public School located a block or two away. Maybe, a developer bought the land and that money will be used to fund the build.
Looks like Kariya Drive will be extended to Central Parkway.
google1.png
Peel1.png
Peel2.png

Fairview Public school is too small to handle the students for the area and should been built bigger when it was rebuilt over a decade ago.

Even the current Adult School is too small.

Kariya Drive extension is part of the City Master Plan and its date like Webb Dr extension keeps get moved down the road as to when it will be built.

There are already existing threads for both schools that I started years ago. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/fairview-public-school-mcc-3590-joan-dr.21118/

This is now under construction.
From what I saw today, the sport fields on Central Pkwy is not only fence off, but also the north parking edge and the east side of the plan Kariya Dr. Clearing the land is underway as well. All the trees are protected on Kariya Dr.

Most likely Kariya Dr extension will be built at the same time of the school and open when the school is ready to open. Most likely 2022.

Can hear the crying from the condos in this area as they will be loosing their free parking both on the street and school land once work is really underway and after the extension opens. All on street parking being remove.

July 10
They are pouring the foundation footings for the walls starting to the west and working to the east.

The school is to house 2000 students and no word if the Fairview school will move to this school or remain as is. There been talk in the past to have Joanne Dr be extended to Burnhamthorpe and that site been developed for condos. Current school to remain as is until 2021/22 when it will be torn down. It 57 years old.

I find it odd using Elm address when the school is more on Central Pkwy than Elm.

With all the development been plan for this area including Sq One, this school will be out dated like Fairview when they double the size of that school about 10-15 years ago.

I really find it odd that the PDSB's planning put this ahead of areas in Brampton with schools at 200% capacity on their capital priorities list. These new condos will be full of a lot of young people, many without kids.

July 25
They aren't wasting time on this project and looks like they shooting for Fall 2021 to open the new school.
50156196987_3b3ae45f9d_b.jpg

50155409788_11e0f73f1b_b.jpg

50155410358_b2a976a42c_b.jpg

50155969041_96a3d68399_b.jpg

50156201357_8732ea8fe3_b.jpg

50155413193_f3a7106dfd_b.jpg

50156202517_88ef553dd1_b.jpg

50155415373_6f621168df_b.jpg

Looks like they found an ancient settlement....
View attachment 260051
I assume you shot it Sunday??...........Between your shot and my Shot Sat, the goal post disappear........Still got to build more footing to the east...........I am expecting to see core slab being used for the 2nd floor............Still odd calling it Elm when it on Central Pkwy

Back