a0CUPRi.jpg

I hope so, but I think it may only be temporary. Looks like they are digging out some left over foundation material that would be in the way of the shoring, and then may be backfilled after. Not 100% sure, but the shoring along this stretch of the King Street property line is not complete - it is still to be done in this section.

I hope so, but I think it may only be temporary. Looks like they are digging out some left over foundation material that would be in the way of the shoring, and then may be backfilled after. Not 100% sure, but the shoring along this stretch of the King Street property line is not complete - it is still to be done in this section.

More excavation. This segment along King between the Porchetta and the old Starbucks is shored.

F39A8497-6610-4E1A-AF0D-A76FDAFE3809.jpeg

In the disclosure statement for King Toronto condo purchases, it states, "Purchasers are advised that it is anticipated that the Property and the
Condominium may be subject to a Risk Assessment/Risk Management Plan (the “RA/RM Plan”) relating to the remediation of soil, noise, odour, and air quality contamination that in certain circumstances exceed those permitted by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks." Given that the building will be on a former industrial site, I would think soil remediation would be essential. Anyone know if this has been done?

In the disclosure statement for King Toronto condo purchases, it states, "Purchasers are advised that it is anticipated that the Property and the
Condominium may be subject to a Risk Assessment/Risk Management Plan (the “RA/RM Plan”) relating to the remediation of soil, noise, odour, and air quality contamination that in certain circumstances exceed those permitted by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks." Given that the building will be on a former industrial site, I would think soil remediation would be essential. Anyone know if this has been done?
They are going to be digging far deeper than the soil line here, down into the Dundas shale substrate. I would doubt that remediation will be necessary for much of anything, and I would assume that anything there at the end will be brand new top soil for planting beds.

They are going to be digging far deeper than the soil line here, down into the Dundas shale substrate. I would doubt that remediation will be necessary for much of anything, and I would assume that anything there at the end will be brand new top soil for planting beds.

Thank you.

Back