News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I won’t campaign for Erin O’Toole in next federal election, Doug Ford says.

“I’m so swamped right here,” Ford told a news conference Monday at Queen’s Park, where he has been working long hours tackling the COVID-19 pandemic and controversy around back-to-school plans for children across the province.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...ys.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Ford realizes that a lot of Trudeau support especially minoritiws in the suburbs also is his support.

There is crossover

Meanwhile in the world of Maxime Bernier...

Bernier says O'Toole not a real conservative, unlike his People's Party

Meanwhile in the world of Maxime Bernier...

Bernier says O'Toole not a real conservative, unlike his People's Party

To Mad Max, anyone who isn't a member of the People's Party is a social democrat. Even Mad Max does not consider Lewis or Sloane conservatives, despite both holding very traditional views on society.

Will the PPC even exist by the next election?:
If the Republicans south of the border win this year's election, then there's a good chance the PPC would exist in the next election. The American counterpart to the PPC, the Constitution Party, has a snowball's chance of winning the presidential election.

If the Democrats win, the PPC may end up folding.

If the Republicans south of the border win this year's election, then there's a good chance the PPC would exist in the next election. The American counterpart to the PPC, the Constitution Party, has a snowball's chance of winning the presidential election.

If the Democrats win, the PPC may end up folding.
I disagree. If the the Republicans lose in November the PPC has a better chance, as they’ll be fewer comparisons with failed conservatism of the US.

I disagree. If the the Republicans lose in November the PPC has a better chance, as they’ll be fewer comparisons with failed conservatism of the US.

What? The failure of Trumpism is going to have every Western conservative party running hard to drop populism, once the consequences become obvious. Watching Trump collapse in November will drive scared conservatives to line up like trained seals for O'Toole

Genuinely hope it happens. The end of Trumpian populism will leave us all better off.

Well, I can't see PPC having a *better chance*, exactly; but I can see it lingering as a right-libertarian vote sink--much as even if Trump falls, "Trumpism" of some form or another will still be with us, even if more of a rump force.

And by "rump force"--well, PPC got 1.62% last year. That's *really* rump; but as we all know, the diehards for that kind of politics can make a *lot* of disproportionate noise...

Long time conservative talk-radio icon, Charles Adler has had enough:

1598793216171.png

The thread is a curious read to me; I understand why he's emotional his politics having been enmeshed with family relationships.....

I prefer a more intellectual take on things..........that said..............its worthwhile to take a look at his evolution.........and the trouble that likely spells for the CPC.

Last edited:
I don’t know who he is but I can understand his pain. Me personally, I’m party-less. There is no political movement currently in Canada representing my views.

In a Toronto Star test to show where you sit on the ideological spectrum I came out as laissez-faire left. Initially surprising to me, I’ve come to recognize this makes sense.

As a laissez-faire left I believe that government solutions are important but that government sets the framework and objectives for market and private forces to populate. I’m also socially progressive but not for some grand moral crusader but for a simple belief that people should be free to pursue their own lives so long as their conduct is not harmful and antisocial.

None of the Conservative, Liberal, NDP, or Green Parties come close to representing these views at the moment

Back