This is a more recent drawing:

1bwtop308-6m-jpg.230666

It confirms 85 storeys, and when you add the 3000 mm thickness of the beams to the 305.6 m height of the TMD roof, you get 308.6 m in height.

All theoretical until they actually get above grade!! Come on!! Let her rip Sam!!

I've been going through the drawings and finally understood how the elevator system works in this building.
2 sets of elevators outside the core of the building - 1 set to the Hotel/Restaurant lobby, and 1 set to go to the Residential lobby
2 sets of lobbies above the retail levels with their own set of elevators in the core of the building - 1 set for the hotel and 1 set for the residential section.
I know there's no way around it as there's retail at the ground level, but I find it extremely odd to have to take 2 elevators to get to your condo. Covid has really increased the wait times for elevators as there's a 3 person limit per elevator ride, and having 2 waits for elevators will only make things worse.

I know there's no way around it as there's retail at the ground level, but I find it extremely odd to have to take 2 elevators to get to your condo. Covid has really increased the wait times for elevators as there's a 3 person limit per elevator ride, and having 2 waits for elevators will only make things worse.

Maple Leaf Square condos has this setup. 488 University as well.

Also the St.Regis Residences, where residents take a lift to the 32nd floor skylobby.

@fanoftoronto in the case of The One, it’s a result of not having a traditional core running through the base of the building, to open up the ground floor retail space.

Same with St Regis, Ritz-Carlton, and I think Dundas Square Gardens has a skylobby. Probably a few more not coming to mind

Also the St.Regis Residences, where residents take a lift to the 32nd floor skylobby.

@fanoftoronto in the case of The One, it’s a result of not having a traditional core running through the base of the building, to open up the ground floor retail space.
Same with St Regis, Ritz-Carlton, and I think Dundas Square Gardens has a skylobby. Probably a few more not coming to mind

Thanks for the info! I didn't know upper floor lobbies were so prevalent in so many condos. I completely understand that this is the way to deal with the fully open retail space at the ground level. Just find it as an added hassle to access your condo.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know upper floor lobbies were so prevalent in so many condos. I completely understand that this is the way to deal with the fully open retail space at the ground level. Just find it as an added hassle to access your condo.

That's the same hassle as probably most condos for those who park in the underground parking. Two elevators - one to get from parking to the lobby, one to get from the lobby to your floor. This is not to suggest that everyone comes in this way, especially in downtown condos where residents are more likely walk in the front door than coming in by car. Just saying that a two elevator experience is quite common.

I live in Dundas square gardens. The front desk and security are on the "sky lobby" at level 5. You can go to any level straight from the ground floor. There are a set of high rise elevators and mid rise elevators.

It seems to also be prevalent in multitower complexes too,
but I suppose that causes people to walk longer distances underground to get to a central parking elevator,
then walk to your tower's central core elevators (i.e. Concord Brentwood in Burnaby, BC).

The 2 elevator experience would be a hassle if you're carrying a lot of groceries (Costco run)
or trying to sneak that IKEA purchase up to your suite without booking off the elevators.

Back