I would say the building's basic structural design is beautifully simplistic, the actual structural components quite complex and the construction process incredibly complex for a residential, hotel high rise. Just my two cent....

Last edited:
Tell that to the those who can't seem to separate work stoppage order from a complex structure that takes time to complete. As you know without said stoppage, this stage would still take time to build.

...although, this says something more about the folks who harp on this than it does of the builders. Just saying.

With a site this tight, and tall and complex at the same time, it's probably a lot of learning about issues as they go.
It probably doesn't help if the rumours are true that Clarke and Mizrahi might be parting ways mid construction.

With a site this tight, and tall and complex at the same time, it's probably a lot of learning about issues as they go.
It probably doesn't help if the rumours are true that Clarke and Mizrahi might be parting ways mid construction.
That will be more concerning if true.

20201117_111844.jpg

Here are some additional renders of The One from Mizrahi Developments website: https://mizrahidevelopments.ca/portfolio/
Project completion listed as 2023.

MizrahiDevelopments_The_One_Portfolio20-min.png

Mizrahi_The_One_Portfolio18.png

MizrahiDevelopments_The_One_Portfolio14-min.png

I posted these on another forum and after a second look... starting scratching my head. At first glance I thought we were just seeing the addition of a horizontal trim element splitting the smaller top volume (6 floors)... but the render above of the top volume offers more floors and 2 sets of diagonal bracing instead of 1.

Maybe they are recycling an earlier unseen image... but it's mysterious.

Very different than this (which is the same as the project model):
Sam-Mizrahi-One-01.jpg

Link

Back