News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

^^ It is exciting news that they appear to be cleaning up the building next to Burger King. It is a building I've always thought had a lot of potential and just needed some TLC!

View attachment 266564

Source: Google Streetview

241 Yonge Street from back in the day:

1598928107337.png

That one in Guelph sure is gorgeous. Back when I lived there though it was the saddest thing to see. Perpetually empty, save for the bottom floor, which was a perfectly mediocre greasy spoon. I think it's still grander than this one, but hey - Money Mart aside, it does have a measure of elegant charm.

That one in Guelph sure is gorgeous. Back when I lived there though it was the saddest thing to see. Perpetually empty, save for the bottom floor, which was a perfectly mediocre greasy spoon. I think it's still grander than this one, but hey - Money Mart aside, it does have a measure of elegant charm.
Ah yes- the Apollo 11. A fine greazy spoon but the brewpub is a huge upgrade. A city can't have too many brew pubs.

I've seen old photos of more dignified buildings than this hosting less dignified retail establishments than this, lol

That it could be a McDs is not really a saving grace for a Money Mart. Just sayin. 😆

Back