This place is bigger than I thought. Just by looking at people working in the pit. And it's going up 5 storeys as a market place !

This place is bigger than I thought. Just by looking at people working in the pit. And it's going up 5 storeys as a market place !
The upper floors are the Court. Market is on main floor and (partially) the mezzanine. The area is basically same as the old North Market.

Why would this city create a building that's made for buying food etc. To mix in with paying traffic tickets etc! I don't think I want to park my car below this building. HA! HA!

Why would this city create a building that's made for buying food etc. To mix in with paying traffic tickets etc! I don't think I want to park my car below this building. HA! HA!
The Market was (is) being paid for from the rent from Courts and the revenue from the parking. Look at the bright side; you could buy fresh food after paying your parking fines!

The fact that the city of Toronto is adding parking anywhere at all should be reason enough to celebrate.

I kinda like to see this built and done with. As I think it will be a needed refreshing addition to the St. Lawrence market affair, IMO. Plus it's a RHSP building for the bonus shot....

The Market was (is) being paid for from the rent from Courts and the revenue from the parking. Look at the bright side; you could buy fresh food after paying your parking fines!

Or you can buy higher quality food once you beat your parking ticket :)

Looks like work on Market Lane Park, as well as the new park to the south of St. Lawrence Market (where the temporary market is today) will go in 2022 (next year).

There's some cash flow this year, but I suspect that means it will be tendered in Q3/Q4, but shoveled next year.

1610721843976.png

Total Budget 3.67M

Budget in 2021 $605,000

Last edited:
As shown in the today photo above, the staircase has been moved back to the east side of the site so that they can build another level on the west side. They are really moving at a good pace and when it reaches grade (I estimate April or early May), it should move faster.

Back