Are these proportions similar to the big builds in NYC and such?
20210111_102549.jpg

I've been browsing several of the building threads, and almost all new references to The One's height has already been revised to 338m. Is everyone THAT confident the height increase will be approved?

I've been browsing several of the building threads, and almost all new references to The One's height has already been revised to 338m. Is everyone THAT confident the height increase will be approved?
This is a very liked project. The design is well received by most folks, and the location couldn't be more perfect for such an iconic tower. Given that, I think everyone is at least hopeful that the height increase gets approved, and hence the optimism you see everywhere.

What's more, some of the topics discussed is whether the other proposals would also apply for a height increase and start a height race in Toronto! That I think is definitely wishful thinking! Imagine if Pinnacle secretly built a spire inside the top part of the One Yonge tower and lifted it up one day and was like "SURPRISE we beat you"!!!

I'm confused see it come down again behind SkyTower on skyscraperpage again!

I keep forgetting that this is the second floor, and that we have seen this before (super columns, angled pieces, weird connecting pieces at the top). The pictures are all blending together and my sense of height is almost gone at this point....wow

This little thing right here is the capping part for the vertical inner columns. It'll have a small vertical section that connects with one of the inner columns, and 2 angle sections that connect with the 2 angle support columns that meet up with the inner columns. That attachment points on its sides are to connect to its main 2 super-columns and to its main 2 inner columns.
1610476036060.png

When all the connections are completed, there will be a massive concrete pour to create the floor of the hotel lobby. This will act as a load transfer slab to redirect the vertical loads from the upper floors to these angle columns and over into the main super-columns. I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer slab is a solid metre thick!

1610476198920.png

Also, @Tunafish13 we're actually looking at 2 levels at the same time. These vertical and angle sections make up both levels of the restaurant (event space) floors.

Construction will halt here, as well as almost all other projects, on Thursday :(:(
Where do you see that?

According to The Star "While there had been pressure to shut down construction sites, they will remain open with additional COVID-19 safety protocols such as increased testing, sources said. Manufacturing will also continue with more safeguards."

This little thing right here is the capping part for the vertical inner columns. It'll have a small vertical section that connects with one of the inner columns, and 2 angle sections that connect with the 2 angle support columns that meet up with the inner columns. That attachment points on its sides are to connect to its main 2 super-columns and to its main 2 inner columns.
View attachment 293734

When all the connections are completed, there will be a massive concrete pour to create the floor of the hotel lobby. This will act as a load transfer slab to redirect the vertical loads from the upper floors to these angle columns and over into the main super-columns. I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer slab is a solid metre thick!

View attachment 293736

Also, @Tunafish13 we're actually looking at 2 levels at the same time. These vertical and angle sections make up both levels of the restaurant (event space) floors.
It's a nubby piece for sure.

View attachment 293734

View attachment 293736

1610476198920-png.293736

This schematic makes it clear that the central crane will come down after the next floor is poured with the angled columns meeting at a single point where the crane is now.

Angle columns are not meeting at the center of the floor plate, rather at the edges of inner rectangle formed by steel braces going from super-column to super-column.

Where do you see that?

According to The Star "While there had been pressure to shut down construction sites, they will remain open with additional COVID-19 safety protocols such as increased testing, sources said. Manufacturing will also continue with more safeguards."

Another non announcement by the ontario government. Only below grade projects will stop is my understanding.

Back