News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Calgary and Chestermere are in talks to extend the MAX Purple out there. First step towards a regional transit system with CT at the helm? I hope so.

Also the MAX Yellow Marda Loop Station is close to opening...

612C1B2D-6AC4-4A16-98A3-174D295FA467.jpeg

Some good news for the transit network. This summer 52nd St will receive the first installment of upgrades to eventually boost it up to a proper Max line.

I honestly didn't like the station at first but its grown on me quite a bit, the more rendering I see the more I like it.

Also, just out of curiosity, are the MAX lines that are being built eventually going to become some kind of rail or streetcar lines?

Doubtful. Maybe the north and south crosstowns in some distant future past 2 million population? Long beyond any current long term proposals.

Doubtful. Maybe the north and south crosstowns in some distant future past 2 million population? Long beyond any current long term proposals.
Aren't the East Hills line and a MRU spur out there in the Calgary Transit universe somewhere?

I honestly didn't like the station at first but its grown on me quite a bit, the more rendering I see the more I like it.

Also, just out of curiosity, are the MAX lines that are being built eventually going to become some kind of rail or streetcar lines?
TBH, that MAX Purple bus ROW can handle more than double the amount of peak hour buses pre-Covid. The MAX lines doesn't need to be upgraded for decades.

Aren't the East Hills line and a MRU spur out there in the Calgary Transit universe somewhere?
East Hills line? You mean the MAX Purple? Yeah I forgot about that one, it would be the first to go ahead. Still not even part of any plan though. The MRU spur is unrelated to the MAX network.

Doesn't MAX Teal essentially serve as the MRU spur line? Running from Westbrook through MRU, on the way to Quarry Park?

East Hills line? You mean the MAX Purple? Yeah I forgot about that one, it would be the first to go ahead. Still not even part of any plan though. The MRU spur is unrelated to the MAX network.
There is intentions for it to eventually be converted into a LRT line that goes to Chestermere, but that's a long term vision.
Doesn't MAX Teal essentially serve as the MRU spur line? Running from Westbrook through MRU, on the way to Quarry Park?
Essentially. Although there is the vision to have a streetcar type of service from Westbrook to MRU. In this case, the MAX Teal would begin from MRU, and head towards Douglas Glen and beyond.

Back