I disagree. Does Vancouver look like that? Lived there for many years and all condos come with standard blinds. Looks far superior and just as lived in as the mess you describe above.

Except imposing a policy of blind colour is over reaching in a society that supposedly respects freedom of expression. If you're so offended by differing blind colours how on earth do you cope with walking around downtown? Besides, the sanitized shopping mall world you defend is contrary to precisely what makes Canadian cities so appealing. Some parts are ugly, but they're never boring.

Except imposing a policy of blind colour is over reaching in a society that supposedly respects freedom of expression. If you're so offended by differing blind colours how on earth do you cope with walking around downtown? Besides, the sanitized shopping mall world you defend is contrary to precisely what makes Canadian cities so appealing. Some parts are ugly, but they're never boring.

Buddy, it's just blinds.

Sat Aug 15, 2020

Abuting 65 King East

That is some crazy formwork overlapping the Sixty Colborne Condos balconies' space in pick 4.

3022EC86-8A79-4F86-A2A2-E1A8C34FE86F_1_201_a.jpeg

3D51E9A9-9B44-4061-BC5A-556A9DF52F95_1_201_a.jpeg

0A0475CE-CBAF-4230-82B1-ECA3CE4700C9_1_201_a.jpeg

4A200A11-5216-47A6-B46F-A5A4E8956276_1_201_a.jpeg

1D3F0B08-4AE2-461E-806C-9C9A7235425F_1_201_a.jpeg

62D9B136-BA00-4CB6-A8F9-BE0FC14B131E_1_201_a.jpeg

So how are those orange fin thingies holding out on this building? It seems to have been a very long while and a dog's lifetime since I've been down that area...

I haven't found anything so posing this to the forum: Are there any future high rise development plans for 91 King St E and the neighbouring building? Since 60 Colborne is already flanked by its own podium to the east and 65 King St E to the west, I can't imagine anything major happening with 91 King St E or else the northern part of the building will be completely boxed in.

I haven't found anything so posing this to the forum: Are there any future high rise development plans for 91 King St E and the neighbouring building? Since 60 Colborne is already flanked by its own podium to the east and 65 King St E to the west, I can't imagine anything major happening with 91 King St E or else the northern part of the building will be completely boxed in.
Several years ago the Albany Club (91 King East) - the "Tory Club" - applied for a development application and this was made in conjunction with the previous (??) developers of 65 King. They eventually withdrew their application and spent $$ fixing up the Club. (Last time I was there, 10 years ago, it needed it! ) I think it's not going anywhere.

Several years ago the Albany Club (91 King East) - the "Tory Club" - applied for a development application and this was made in conjunction with the previous (??) developers of 65 King. They eventually withdrew their application and spent $$ fixing up the Club. (Last time I was there, 10 years ago, it needed it! ) I think it's not going anywhere.
Exactly: the City told them that their location was not appropriate for a tall building, and to please slink away into the darkness… which they did.

Exactly: the City told them that their location was not appropriate for a tall building, and to please slink away into the darkness… which they did.

It was all actually quite funny and I well remember the most amusing community consultation I was ever at - it was for 65 King and the lawyers for the Albany Club stood up and said they opposed the plans due to height and density. Since their own proposal had been presented only about 6 months earlier and was actually taller, their objections were met with loud and prolonged laughter from the audience and even the City staff had a hard time keeping straight faces. The lawyers slunk away shortly afterwards!

Do you think any developer has the balls to build a 50,60s tower clad in that orange grid? I think it would look awesome.
It’s expensive and very time consuming. Took us over 6 months to donjust that.
This one took 6 months because it was entirely site built.
To do a large tower with a panel system like this in a cost effective way you need to build it offsite as a unitized system.
Check out 2 Harbor Life in Boston for an example.

Such a system also has the added benefit of eliminating the hundreds of potential leak points and thermal bridges provided by the outriggers that support the system on this project.

Last edited:

Back