thumbnail_IMG_8989.jpg

Holy shit, that's bad...
It really is a shame... Last projects by Times Group were decent and mediocre, when this is just dreadful. It's interesting how Riverview up the street by the same developer looks very solid material wise so far, when this is... bad.

It really is a shame... Last projects by Times Group were decent and mediocre, when this is just dreadful. It's interesting how Riverview up the street by the same developer looks very solid material wise so far, when this is... bad.
I think they have improved quite a bit if you are comparing them to the surrounding buildings built in the last 5-12 years. Riverview and Pavilia appears to be using essentially the same material. I don't see how you are getting that Pavilia is any lesser than Riverview.

Would it be inappropriate for me to say, "But this is Markham?" :(

It's almost not-Markham, cut off from the rest of that city by Highway 404 and Highway 407, and part of the Richmond Hill riding both provincially and federally.
Back when York Region was subdivided into new towns in the 70s, Markham and Vaughan should never have been given the tabs that stick out and join at Yonge Street. Either those eastern and western pieces of Thornhill should have been given to Richmond Hill (my preference) or Thornhill should have been its own municipality.

^^ Those "tabs" weren't given to Markham and Vaughan, they were part of the townships that became those cities already.

^^ Those "tabs" weren't given to Markham and Vaughan, they were part of the townships that became those cities already.
Point being that during the reorganization of the County in the Region, those tabs should have been reorganized into something coherent, and not left as the leftover bits of two former townships, now the leftover bits of two cities. They'd make far more sense as a whole, whether or their own as The Town of Thornhill, or as part of Richmond Hill. What we have now is idiotic.

Point being that during the reorganization of the County in the Region, those tabs should have been reorganized into something coherent, and not left as the leftover bits of two former townships, now the leftover bits of two cities. They'd make far more sense as a whole, whether or their own as The Town of Thornhill, or as part of Richmond Hill. What we have now is idiotic.

Problem is, that small triangle of land I mentioned is home to a major AMD site (ATI's old headquarters), and Markham would probably not give that up without a fight.

And while we're drawing fantasy municipal boundaries, might as well consider extending Richmond Hill west to Dufferin, which would make Yonge the true central artery of the city (instead of off-center) and put its western boundary right where Highway 407 dips south (good for symmetry, I would argue).

Oh and Georgina is way too different from the rest of York Region, and sticks out awkwardly. We could put it somewhere else too.

Back