A design isn't finished until construction is finished. This is a pretty typical kind of change (frustrating as they may be). Consider the design "frozen" once construction is finished :p

Reactions: DSC
I assume they don't mean food courts. Sorry, thinking out aloud with my stomach here...

Why would interior changes to make Courts more efficient change the exterior?
Why wouldn't they? Perhaps the efficiencies will affect the placement of window openings and other elements that appear on the exterior. Maybe implementing said efficiencies will use up funds from elsewhere, like cladding materials, resulting in more VE'ing. Or it maybe the efficiencies will cause further construction delays and budget overruns requiring still further VE'ing. I can see quite a few scenarios in which "efficiencies" mess up the exterior deign beyond what's been messed up already.

April 26, 2021 (rainy late-night walk)

957CCDA1-4778-420C-85E1-E3F3CECC9D14.jpeg

Looks like we're approaching the "big pour" of the ground level. That will be wonderful to (finally) see. Then, at last, the structure will begin to rise! Enfin!!

Looks like we're approaching the "big pour" of the ground level. That will be wonderful to (finally) see. Then, at last, the structure will begin to rise! Enfin!!
They already did the big pour for the south-east quadrant of ground floor - photos above about 10 days ago. They are currently working on the rebar etc for south west quadrant and it looks like a pour later today or tomorrow. Possibly the wholle of the north side will be pour 3 but that too may be divided into east and west parts.

UPDATE. Today (28 April) they are, as promised,, pouring the south-west quadrant and it looks as though the next section of the ground floor slab to be poured will be a strip about 30 feet wide to the north of both the the south east and south west quadrants = they are working on the form-work now.

Last edited:
It’s going to be hilarious when delays and redesigns push this to another 6yrs before completion and it ends up as the same one storey concrete bunker it began as…

…but with parking! (Jazz hands)

I'm curious to know what those things tied up in white sheets are.

Back