News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It may be silly given that Amazon would be a huge employment boon to the local area but I kinda don't want to see it at this location.

I see potential of Woodbine Centre to redevelop into a mixed-used neighbourhood, coordinating with plans at Woodbine Live to the south, and connecting to the planned GO Station at Hwy-27

If the density along Queens Plate Drive and Rexdale Blvd could be continued throughout the area, and connected with an extension of Finch West LRT to the GO Station, the area could have potential to be a hub of sorts, and add much needed housing supply.

Woodbine Centre has been sold to Amazon.

Sooooo...........

Some people have given @lmoss a hard time over the above statement.

An independent source has confirmed this as being true, to me.

I haven't been shown any evidence, simply told that the rumour is accurate.

I find this source to be highly credible.

Take that as you will.

old story , but.. gives you a clue about the owners , what else are they up to....​

Mississauga company fined for not paying Woodbine Mall employees on time​

The Mississauga company that operates Woodbine Mall and Fantasy Fair has been fined $50,000 for failing to pay its employees on time, the Ministry of Labour reports.

Woodbine Mall Holdings Inc. pleaded guilty on Feb. 28 under the Employment Standards Act for failing to pay employees on Oct. 24, 2018, which was a scheduled payday — instead, employees were paid on Oct. 30, Nov. 1 and Nov. 2, according to the ministry.

The ministry conducted an investigation after complaints from employees.

There were 140 workers impacted.

Sooooo...........

Some people have given @lmoss a hard time over the above statement.

An independent source has confirmed this as being true, to me.

I haven't been shown any evidence, simply told that the rumour is accurate.

I find this source to be highly credible.

Take that as you will.
did your source tell you when the news will be made public ?

Amazon Warehouse Condos coming soon , work and live in your locker 24/7 🤣 😂

did your source tell you when the news will be made public ?

Amazon Warehouse Condos coming soon , work and live in your locker 24/7 🤣 😂

Nope.

I find it odd too.

It would be very peculiar to turn a mall site, even a beleaguered one, into a warehouse.

I just don't know.

I'm seeing if I can find some more info.

Nope.

I find it odd too.

It would be very peculiar to turn a mall site, even a beleaguered one, into a warehouse.

I just don't know.

I'm seeing if I can find some more info.
I find it a bit surprising for the GTA market but Amazon might be desperate for space in the city and there is not that much industrial land up for grabs.

In terms of historical significance, the Loof Carousel in the Fantasy Fair is over 100 years old. Someone on facebook mentioned the Carousel could be considered
a piece of heritage property.

The carousel maybe; but not the fair itself. If the Woodbine Centre is to be demolished, I'd imagine the Carousel would just be uprooted and displayed somewhere
else. Any thoughts?

In terms of historical significance, the Loof Carousel in the Fantasy Fair is over 100 years old. Someone on facebook mentioned the Carousel could be considered
a piece of heritage property.

The carousel maybe; but not the fair itself. If the Woodbine Centre is to be demolished, I'd imagine the Carousel would just be uprooted and displayed somewhere
else. Any thoughts?

The carousel is the property of the Woodbine Centre, I don't think it's protected like a heritage building, but it's a valuable antique and they could sell it to whomever they want.

They have redeveloped dead mall sites into FCs in the US/
...I find it odd too.
It would be very peculiar to turn a mall site, even a beleaguered one, into a warehouse...
It sounded strange to me too, but apparently it's not so unusual.

Last edited:
It sounded strange to me too, but apparently it's not so unusual.
maybe a good thing , people in the area (woodbine) will have some better jobs then dollar store or food court ? , what do u think ?
or is Amazon a really shitty place to work ??

I have heard stories from people who worked at the GTA Location describing near slave labour conditions given the volume of items Amazon deals with and their turnaround times.
yes and looks like shitty pay as well , I just looked it up now

Amazon Warehousing Worker (Shift start time at 1:20am) - Earn up to $16.70 - $17.70
Amazon is hiring Seasonal full-time roles in Brampton

I wonder what the turn over rate is

Last edited:
Some of the vintage games in the Fantasy Fair arcade (before 2015).

546036_353653008051502_1485397101_n.jpg

205915_10151200670295930_2134694500_n.jpg

1934125_60440970509_7357_n.jpg

An exterior shot:

1923350_11954825509_332_n.jpg

An interior shot:

228202_5746505147_4508_n (1).jpg

Last edited:

Back