News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Broadview at Queen S-E corner 1914 CTA
Broadview at Queen S-E corner 1914  CTA.jpg

Broadview.jpg

Then and Now of a sorts.

We are looking at a old postcard of the Ford Hotel that used to be on the northeast corner of Bay and Dundas. I don't think too many of us can relate to the Ford Hotel but the 'Atrium' building there now is a nice bit of 70s office, shopping and food court space. The cool part is the atrium space, which was such a thing in the 70s; think of the Reference Library on Yonge.

Downstairs in the food court, the McDonalds has closed for good. A shame; the Value Meals attracted a local, older, clientele, and the place had a bit of a feel of a village square to it.

20210505_150114.jpg

Last edited:
Then and Now of a sorts. We are looking at a old postcard of the Ford Hotel that used to be on the northeast corner of Bay and Dundas. I don't think too many of us can relate to the Ford Hotel but the 'Atrium' building there now is a nice bit of 70s office, shopping and food court space. The cool part is the atrium space, which was such a thing in the 70s; think of the Reference Library on Yonge.View attachment 317442
Wow beautiful red brick

Good article, Northern Light, thank you. I'll just add (unmentioned in the article) that the 'Richford Arms" in Erie PA, is a 2/3's scale former 'Ford Hotel' and still exists.

Back