I don't think Toronto is against lighting generally or against lighting at One Bloor specifically. I think One Bloor is delaying or hasn't finished its lighting scheme for whatever reason. I'm sure it's coming soon.
Great Gulf has absolutely dropped the ball here. Last time I enquired the response I got was "well, we're not really planning to do it anymore." I'm not sure it's the old Great Gulf anymore. I did tell them that people still cared.

Last edited:
I don't think Toronto is against lighting generally or against lighting at One Bloor specifically. I think One Bloor is delaying or hasn't finished its lighting scheme for whatever reason. I'm sure it's coming soon.
Words like 'against' or prefixes like 'anti' aren't the right way to think about these things. That said, the City certainly doesn't encourage or suggest adventurous lighting ideas and definitely do try and tone down most of what is proposed.

They are finally taking down the scaffolding over the pool, is it finally fixed? They have removed almost all the brackets from the glass except one plane of glass that they seemed to have missed.
C00937FD-CD95-4F43-A932-14E00450888D.jpeg
A6DAA325-6DD0-4B9E-A120-3A6304B13665.jpeg
A9D4646F-CAFB-42F2-8FD9-CA44D8BCD302.jpeg

Bit of an odd post, but bear with me on this. There is something on/near the crown that looks like a person, but it's been there for ages so I doubt it's actually real.

I finally decided to take a closer look, and it really does look like a human outline. My working theory is that it's some leftover tarp but I'm interested to see what other thoughts people might have.

IMG_9517.JPG
crop1.jpg
crop2.jpg

crop3.jpg

Attachments

• crop4.jpg
    crop4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 180
weird. maybe the home owner or tenant put up a silhouette as decor there deliberately? People speed like crazy on my street so i was thinking of buying a cutout of a traffic cop holding a speed gun and just putting it by the curb in the mornings.

Bit of an odd post, but bear with me on this. There is something on/near the crown that looks like a person, but it's been there for ages so I doubt it's actually real.

I finally decided to take a closer look, and it really does look like a human outline. My working theory is that it's some leftover tarp but I'm interested to see what other thoughts people might have.
That person would be relatively small if you referenced the size of the disputed figure with the balcony below. Also see: Pareidolia.

Last edited:
...if subject was standing in said box, its head would only be poking over it. As opposed to the workers who appear to have a significant potion of their torsos in exposure.

The other elephants in the room:

1) Speaking of torsos, he seems awfully flat don't ya think?

2) It's been there 12 days without a bathroom break since you posted this first.

3) More morbidly, if where an actually deceased person then...the Coroner's Office, among other health and legal interests would be all over this. As would likely the media. :)

Edit: I'll also concede I was overthinking this and completely missed the point. :(

Last edited:
Still waiting for the crown lighting. Wont br surprised if its been scrapped.
When they testing it a while back, it didn't look so great. Unless they come up with a work around for this, you maybe right.

Does anyone know of an email address whereby one can contact the building’s management team and ask them why they have forgone the original crown lighting plan; which they obviously have?

Does anyone know of an email address whereby one can contact the building’s management team and ask them why they have forgone the original crown lighting plan; which they obviously have?
What was the original plan? Because if it was just a few random (sloppy) interior lights, they're better off keeping them off...

As I've said a number of times before, the City often makes any crown lighting outside of the red, NAVCAN, blinkers a giant pain in the ass. If this is as difficult and costly a battle as I've fought in the past, I'm less inclined to blame property management since it really takes persistence and a knowledge of how the City works (something often outside of the general PM wheelhouse).

Back