Cities are changing. By your definition, the city of Dubai would be suburban - It's a cluster of individual non-connected high rises - cities grow differently today. Today, there are as many cars travelling from Toronto to Mississauga as there are other way. Square One shopping centre functions as Mississauga's downtown, much like the downtown mall in Dubai. You can't compare say New York and Dubai with the same criteria but both are considered urban centres.
Who said anything about cities? While the oil-fuelled excess-crazy aberration of Dubai is not much of an exemplar of anything, you were responding to a post about urban vs suburban… Sure Mississauga is a city, but we're talking about its form, and that's mostly suburban. Yes it's going for a dense, urban, high-rise downtown typified in the development that's the subject of this thread, but right across the park from this development is a clump of Mississauga's vast low-rise, suburban landscape of meandering streets and cul-de-sacs. That's what's being talked about here.

Cities are changing. By your definition, the city of Dubai would be suburban - It's a cluster of individual non-connected high rises - cities grow differently today. Today, there are as many cars travelling from Toronto to Mississauga as there are other way. Square One shopping centre functions as Mississauga's downtown, much like the downtown mall in Dubai. You can't compare say New York and Dubai with the same criteria but both are considered urban centres.
Dubai should be referenced as little as possible on this board.

I don't see how anyone could find it controversial to say that Mississauga is overwhelmingly suburban built form.

Voya is open for registration: http://www.lifeatparkside.com/voya

Voya.jpg

So they are planning to go with real curves here? That would be impressive if they did.

Anyone want to attempt to redraw the corner of rathburn and confederation? But this looks good to me.

I really like that Amacon opted for an increase in density here, compared to the relatively short towers that were planned for this block initially. I'm looking forward to seeing PSV finish eventually, it has done a lot for shoring up the western edge of MCC.

This is going to committee of adjustment on April 21, 2022 and find this.

Does this mean they are asking for a 2nd 36 story in place of one as well the 42 or the current 2 as shown on the plan??

Have no issues with the podium increase.

Committee to approve a minor variance to allow a four-level underground garage, a 9-level podium, and two 36- and 42-storey towers

This is going to committee of adjustment on April 21, 2022 and find this.

Does this mean they are asking for a 2nd 36 story in place of one as well the 42 or the current 2 as shown on the plan??

Have no issues with the podium increase.

Committee to approve a minor variance to allow a four-level underground garage, a 9-level podium, and two 36- and 42-storey towers

They are asking for a total of 2 towers, one to be 36s the other 42s.

From the notice:

1647472450085.png

I'll fly over this weekend for some photos. I looked back at some of my July 3rd photos and now noticed the excavation at the bottom of the frame. Based on the shadow it looks like there is some depth to it.

DJI_0660.JPG

Back