News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I think the ramps onto and off of Bayview could be converted to just a normal intersection. Take the big ramp off the highway, then at the light turn left for Bayview S, turn right for Bayview N or straight through for Bloor at Castlefrank.

Hmmm... I can't picture this. Are you able to do a quick mark up on this Google map to show which parts might be eliminated?

I am not directly involved w/the discussion as the City, merely aware of them.

Below is my understanding; but not be entirely correct.

1622813220966.png

Interesting, so you could still get onto the DVP from Bayview but it would be from just a regular intersection? Or you wouldn't be able to get onto the DVP from Bayview at all anymore?

Interesting, so you could still get onto the DVP from Bayview but it would be from just a regular intersection? Or you wouldn't be able to get onto the DVP from Bayview at all anymore?

To my understanding, both options are being examined.

This was the vision of Bayview when TOCore was done:

1622831789941.png

This is a somewhat new render, I believe, and set further south:

1622831830355.png

Neither show the cloverleaf ideas...... but you get a sense of the scale of planned change.

Found a 2019 reference in the Lower Don Trail Masterplan Refresh, list of projects:

1622832090737.png

Related:

1622832527595.png

Last edited:
Frankly, it seems the best and most cost-effective answer. Firstly it really does not flood often, secondly there are easy alternatives and thirdly to fix it would cost TONS of money as it would either mean widening/deepening the Don or raising the road. Fairly cheap to install gates and signage - though they did rather f-up, See: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/th...ock-right-on-the-busy-bayview-bike-trail.html

Installing gates sounds like a good and cost-effective option to me.

Update from The Fixer...........concrete block for the gate, placed in the middle of the bike trail is being removed.

Update from The Fixer...........concrete block for the gate, placed in the middle of the bike trail is being removed.

Thank god, frankly I cannot understand why anyone would EVER have thought that it was a good thing to do. If these are the people designing our roads we really have problems!

Wow this seems like the quickest John Tory has acted on any file in this city. Can he spread the same love for Transit Priority signalling too?

Wow this seems like the quickest John Tory has acted on any file in this city. Can he spread the same love for Transit Priority signalling too?

He appears to respond well to 'The Fixer'.

Perhaps you could persuade Mr. Lakey to take up that cause.

It seems like a lot can be unscrambled by adding two at grade intersections on Bayview. With a roundabout under the DVP, it would also allow drivers to potentially backtrack if they missed an exit. This diagram also looks at a realignment of Bayview to create more forested land at the base of Beltline Trail. Thoughts?

DVP Bayview.png

The Bayview/DVP interchange could certainly be simplified to increase the amount of available park space.

Does anyone know the timeline the city has in mind for such a reconfiguration?

The better do this after they are done with Gardiner to Lake Shore ramp. Gridlock is getting really bad with all these long term construction.

I drive up and down Bayview Extension between River and the Loblaws at Moore every day.

They just put in a new concrete island in place of painted lines on the north side of Rosedale Valley Road intersection.

I swear to God they're are going to start to be some t-bone crashes there soon because the signage the put on the island to tell people to go around it now blocks your view of cars heading south towards you. I've already seen a few near misses where a northbound driver thinks its clear and starts to turn left just as a southbound driver comes through. You can't see them clearly anymore. It's so dumb.

Also I can't for the life of me figure out all the concrete blocks they're installing on the side of the road on the Bayview hill. It looks like they're going to put up more of those huge eyesore moveable barriers or something. I don't understand what's the point of them at all. It's not like Bayview needs to be regularly closed off. Maybe once every few years for a bad flood. It's such an eyesore though in what is such a pretty, natural valley.

The cop that used to be on the southbound lane after the Viaduct isn't there anymore either. Now he just sits at the huge construction side north of the viaduct with his lights flashing but not doing any radar trapping at all.

And one more thing River going southbound from Bayview to Gerrard is now SO BACKED UP every day thanks to to the one lane of traffic and empty bike lane that never gets used. That one little section can take 10 minutes to get through. It used to be 30 seconds. Such a mess.

They really did make this road so much more congested then it needed to be in the name of separating cars and bikes. Oh well.

Back