Today. One of the slanted columns on the ground floor is now encased in concrete.

E60A1358-9143-4B50-BF0D-8E5CFA55CEC8.jpeg

63A79EFF-DE0B-4402-A1F8-D4A7023F3CE7.jpeg

Yeah...that looked too shaggy to be concrete. Bonus that they're doing something interesting to those now in a progression way. <3

Correct. They'll be covered in the "bronze-ish" cladding based on the renders and drawings.

I don't believe the "champagne" coloured cladding wraps into the retail space.

Based simply on logic, I would be more than shocked if that doesn't happen long, long, long before construction ends.

Yeah, but at same time I am not sure if any vendor would want to if the site remains a construction zone (unless they clean up the Bloor/Yonge corner and build a canopy along the lines of Aura).

AoD

Yeah, but at same time I am not sure if any vendor would want to if the site remains a construction zone (unless they clean up the Bloor/Yonge corner and build a canopy along the lines of Aura).

AoD
One would have to think they will do this, or use the upper parts of the podium as a staging platform or who knows honestly. But given you will probably have at minimum 2 years between full completion of the ground floor and completion of the upper floors here, and given there have already been delays, there is no way you dont open before construction is finished here.

This is a much smaller, constricted site than where Aura went up, so I would be extremely surprised if they can afford to lose most of the base of the building as a staging area while more is constructed above…

…so I would stop worrying about which whichever dry cleaners or sandwich chain or clothing store or most-successful-on-a-per-square-foot-basis retailer in the world this is going to be for a while.

PS: finally saw this in person for the first time yesterday evening, and wow yes, the people who say the photos just don't convey how large this ground floor space is are totally correct. With the larger-than normal size of everything near ground level, our brains don't deal with the photos well. When you're there though, you really are confronted with how large everything here is and how teensy weensy you are in comparison.

I thought the retail component was supposed to open about 2 years before the condos? This UT article from 2017 said the retail portion was targeted for a first quarter 2020 opening with residential occupancy in 2022. Things may have been delayed quite a bit (ahem), but did Mizrahi change his plan about opening the retail portion first? Surely a 2 year lag between retail and residential completion means that the tower will still be under construction when retail (or at least the flagship store) opens?

Back