Screenshot_20210617-233655_Instagram.jpg

June 19 - Building 'F' Crane Replacement

A long day for the crane erection crew. The former luffer type crane at Building 'F' has been removed. Unlike the crane replacement that took place last year at Building 'C', in which the base components of the mast were retained, it appears that the entire mast was lifted out today - the only component not sure of is the whether the base frame component of the mast, containing the hydraulic jacks, was retained or replaced.

The new crane appears to be a standard hammer head type. At 10 PM, work is ongoing on attaching the main boom to the mast part of the crane. Counterweights still to come - at one point, it appears that the counterweights were lifted off the delivery truck, and staged on the ground between buildings 'E' and 'F' - presumably to allows the transport tucks and drivers to leave.

Some pictures from this afternoon / evening (please excuse the quality - taken with a cell phone with maximum zoom)

20210619_191347.jpg

20210619_192621.jpg

20210619_195941.jpg

20210619_211910.jpg

20210619_212126.jpg

Attachments

• 20210619_184156.jpg
    20210619_184156.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20210619_184133.jpg
    20210619_184133.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
June 19 - Building 'F' Crane Replacement

A long day for the crane erection crew. The former luffer type crane at Building 'F' has been removed. Unlike the crane replacement that took place last year at Building 'C', in which the base components of the mast were retained, it appears that the entire mast was lifted out today - the only component not sure of is the whether the base frame component of the mast, containing the hydraulic jacks was retained or replaced.

The new crane appears to be a standard hammer head type one. At 10 PM, work is ongoing on attaching the main boom to the mast part of the crane. Counterweights still to come - at one point, it appears that the counterweights were lifted off the delivery truck, and staged on the ground between buildings 'E' and 'F' - presumably to allows the transport tucks and drivers to leave.

Some pictures from this afternoon / evening (please excuse the quality - taken with a cell phone with maximum zoom)

View attachment 329160

View attachment 329163

View attachment 329168

View attachment 329162

View attachment 329161

Nothing to excuse!

Great photo-taking and observations!

Those residential towers remind me of the Coast at Lakeshore East tower by bKL in Chicago, which was recognized for an AIA Chicago Design Excellence Award in 2014:

https://www.aiachicago.org/dea_archive/2014/coast-at-lakeshore-east/

Perhaps Toronto receives it in its crystallized form, but I see this having potential given the proper glazing.

Start of cladding at north west corner of residential tower, taken from a distance across Spadina

View attachment 328701
I thought originally I might've been overhyping the glazing potential but it looks like this one is on track!

Since my last post and more window wall has appeared, I have to say it's looking much more promising than I initially thought. The dark contrast is gonna be fantastic, I think it may look similar to the blue and black contrast seen on Waterworks on Richmond Street. I also think the curtain wall looks promising as well.

I had to go ahead and show off how the materials will look again with more context (for those of us impatient or worried) now with all the great photos shared, with more detail this time thanks to photos from @Red Mars and @architecture fan

(The curtainwall will meet the window wall differently to this, I just have no reference as to how to make it look)
wellwall.jpg

Retail Update

As a two for one in this post, for those curious about the retail leasing, the public updates on leasing have actually slowed down quite a bit, but there's a few new things to share. I don't want to flood this thread either so i'm holding off until more is released publicly. As always you can look at the retail map here: Urban Retail

As for new things on the second floor, Tokyo Smoke signed on about a month ago, I didn't post that though as I didn't feel that was an exciting update. The planned dentist also swapped units, may be possible they don't sign on as they have been holding off on signing for a while.

1624407631608.png

And on the Ground floor not much new stuff either (that is public), a few units actually have been subdivided to be smaller (as a few tenants are in discussions), and one has been leased without public reveal yet.

1624407734151.png

Nothing of note on the basement level, though the Wellington Market has been steadily filling up.

1624407977287.png

Last edited:
Since my last post and more window wall has appeared, I have to say it's looking much more promising than I initially thought. The dark contrast is gonna be fantastic, I think it may look similar to the blue and black contrast seen on Waterworks on Richmond Street. I also think the curtain wall looks promising as well.

I had to go ahead and show off how the materials will look again with more context (for those of us impatient or worried) now with all the great photos shared, with more detail this time thanks to photos from @Red Mars and @architecture fan

(The curtainwall will meet the window wall differently to this, I just have no reference as to how to make it look)
View attachment 329788

Retail Update

As a two for one in this post, for those curious about the retail leasing, the public updates on leasing have actually slowed down quite a bit, but there's a few new things to share. I don't want to flood this thread either so i'm holding off until more is released publicly. As always you can look at the retail map here: Urban Retail

As for new things on the second floor, Tokyo Smoke signed on about a month ago, I didn't post that though as I didn't feel that was an exciting update. The planned dentist also swapped units, may be possible they don't sign on as they have been holding off on signing for a while.

View attachment 329790

And on the Ground floor not much new stuff either (that is public), a few units actually have been subdivided to be smaller (as a few tenants are in discussions), and one has been leased without public reveal yet.

View attachment 329791

Nothing of note on the basement level, though the Wellington Market has been steadily filling up.

View attachment 329792

Thanks for the cool render and the Retail Link!... Great resource to remain up-to-date with the upcoming tenants

Back