Pelli's got pretty much one style and it's trapped in 1990-2000. Salesforce Tower here in SF uses pretty much the exact same podium styling and the rail deck is akin to the transport hub here.

_ZUP4948-Edit.jpg

Source

This is literally one of the most sterile office streetwall treatments i've ever seen. I thought we couldnt get any worse than Bay Adelaide Centre, but somehow this competes with that.

Then there's those towers...
At least Bay Adelaide has good quality glass. this has nothing to cheer for.

He's actually stuck six feet under, but I'm quibbling.

PE can be pedantic about the darnedest things! 🤣

Of course, the poster could have been referring to Pelli the firm; as opposed to the person.

Last edited:
jeez Oxford and Pelli look like a combo of Canderel and G&C. what a shame and is that Spanderel on a Office building? WTH Oxford.

EDIT:
went from 100 to 0.
All office towers have spandrel glass? And this is a rezoning application. And it's stipulated as triple-glazed and low-iron in the application materials. Seems like a high-end glazing treatment and I'm not sure what you are complaining about.

"high-end" that really looks like High-end to you man. give those renders a good look. what kind of office building has miss matched Spandrel panels like condos?

"high-end" that really looks like High-end to you man. give those renders a good look. what kind of office building has miss matched Spandrel panels like condos?

Are you talking about the curtain wall shadow boxes. Can I introduce you to CIBC Square?

CIBC.png

They are shadow boxes and that is a render; just so happens that they aren't lying to you like ever other render developers put out. Do you really think that the Fosters building would have been built with no shadow boxes and no vertical mullions?

Back