• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Oh...almost missed this.

So to clarify, are we talking about the area of the construction site or the footprint of the building itself?

Different shape for the former; the same shape for the latter as I understand it. Unless I got that wrong.
The office floorplates of the building will be the same as the south tower, just turned by about 80 degrees or so.

The office floorplates of the building will be the same as the south tower, just turned by about 80 degrees or so.

Then it appears I was confusing the construction foot prints with the office tower proper foot prints. Thus I sit corrected. :(

Compare the above pic to the very first post all the way back on page 1 of this thread, and I'd say what we've ended up with is even better than the original vision.

Except about ~50-100 metres shorter than a building of this caliber deserves to be!

Except about ~50-100 metres shorter than a building of this caliber deserves to be!
The height of both phases would be fine IMO if there weren't so many other taller developments coming in from all sides and blocking them out. Shame as eventually they will just barely be visible in most skyline shots.

The height of both phases would be fine IMO if there weren't so many other taller developments coming in from all sides and blocking them out. Shame as eventually they will just barely be visible in most skyline shots.

There's really only one taller building in the area that's being erected, The Skytower, and even that's too far to block them out. Regardless, I wish both towers were a taller. Same with 160 Front.

There's really only one taller building in the area that's being erected, The Skytower, and even that's to far to block them out. Regardless, I wish both towers were a taller. Same with 160 Front.
There are other proposals nearby like The Hub and 11 Bay which will eventually block them out from the south/south-west skyline perspectives. Whatever happens with Union Centre and Union Park will disrupt a lot of western vantage points. Pinnacle and the East Bayfront towers block them out from east and harbour views as well.

There are other proposals nearby like The Hub and 11 Bay which will eventually block them out from the south/south-west skyline perspectives. Whatever happens with Union Centre and Union Park will disrupt a lot of western vantage points. Pinnacle and the East Bayfront towers block them out from east and harbour views as well.

The Hub and 11 Bay won't be up for 10-15 years. I was thinking about over the next decade how it will effect the skyline.

I wish the north tower was tall enough to have a staircase step up effect with the south tower. Would've been a unique look in Toronto.

But, I'm not complaining that we're getting 2 amazing towers.
I had to try out and see how this fantasy of mine would look like. And now I'm super sad that this isn't the actual reality. But alas, we're going to have to be content with the reality of what we're getting, which is still 2 amazing towers!

Taller CIBC Square.jpg

Edit: Disclaimer! This is purely my fictional fantasy representation if the North tower was taller! Mods, please let me know if this is not appropriate and I will delete it.

Back