News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A couple quick shots from Yonge and Eglinton taken yesterday. Looks like the rebar and concrete has finally reached ground level. Less and less materials and staging around the intersection as time goes on.

8561C36A-1265-4453-9098-931AC1D21EF5.jpeg
1B4DC04A-A298-43D7-AFC7-05E73FA80820.jpeg
F7FDB04E-06C2-4F3E-BB93-991CB09C6935.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a nice throwback video I found of the Crosstown announcement being made back in the days McGuinty was premier, and Wynne was Minister of Transportation. 10+ years later, we're still building it..

Here's a nice throwback video I found of the Crosstown announcement being made back in the days McGuinty was premier, and Wynne was Minister of Transportation. 10+ years later, we're still building it..

Don't forget that Mayor Rob Ford and his cronies were in charge 2010-2014. They were against light rail and very "subway, subway, subway", and did their worst to derail Toronto.

Of course, they had made an announcement a few years prior, funding the the entire line, and was to open in phases starting in like 2015. And then before Ford was Mayor they delayed and shortened it.

Of course, they had made an announcement a few years prior, funding the the entire line, and was to open in phases starting in like 2015. And then before Ford was Mayor they delayed and shortened it.
That was the transit city plan the underground section was supposed to open first with the above-ground section following a few months klater as it would take less time to build. Metoilnx however deced they knew better and that they would build everything at the same time and then open it all at once. Alos they deced that they would ned to have the vechels delivered before they had the manatince facllity built becuse they din't want to change any of the timelines

That was the transit city plan the underground section was supposed to open first with the above-ground section following a few months klater as it would take less time to build. Metoilnx however deced they knew better and that they would build everything at the same time and then open it all at once. Alos they deced that they would ned to have the vechels delivered before they had the manatince facllity built becuse they din't want to change any of the timelines
When it was a TTC project, which is probably earlier than you are thinking here, the first phase was Eglinton West Station, (Yes I'm going to keep calling it that) to Martin Grove. then going east in sections to Kennedy, then back to the west end to connect to the Airport.

Back