• Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Getting ready to go in the ground - 2nd tower

PXL_20210814_182604614.jpg

Super exciting. A 142 meter and a 134 meter starting essentially the same day 😍

It still amazes me the city lets these guys close down 2 sidewalks for this site...
I have seen people walking on the road alongside the fence causing cars to slow down and honk. Definitely causing some frustration. A project this size and length (2 years or more) should have provision for covered walkways

I have seen people walking on the road alongside the fence causing cars to slow down and honk. Definitely causing some frustration. A project this size and length (2 years or more) should have provision for covered walkways
If I recall the good ol' days of 2005 ish, there was nearly a consistent 10 years where a pedestrian couldn't walk on either side of 4th Street from river-to-river without crossing at least once - often 3 or 4 times - due to all the sidewalk closures for various projects. It's probably the single greatest issue that radicalized me to become a militant pedestrian rights activist.

Broken record alert:
  1. This area has some of the highest pedestrian volumes in the city. Volumes justify more sidewalks not fewer during construction or otherwise.
  2. 4th and 11th Avenues are both overly wide based on volumes in general, but in this area specifically due to the road configuration and 4th Street converting to a one-way for no reason. Each street could easily lose a lane each for temporary sidewalks while construction occurs (or even permanently lose a lane) with likely no driver delay at any time of the day.
  3. A pedestrian delay is more impactful to the traveler than a driver delay. Forcing someone to cross a road and back multiplies the travel delay and increases collision risks. This is particularly stupid here due to the very long advance-green turning signal phase on 12th Avenue to 4th Street NB, forcing any pedestrian/cyclist on this corner to wait 1 full phase for 4th Street traffic, followed by a longer advance-green phase, to go around the 4th Street closure NB.

Back