Well, it sounds like the design is still very much a work in progress. Anyone know if KPF will remain as the lead architects? I can't imagine them putting their name on something as wonky as this latest iteration.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a preliminary design which will evolve over the next few months. It's not as slick as Cresfords, but there is still time to refine the exterior. It does appear though that ceiling heights will be shorter. 8' ceilings
seem so confining, i can't imagine that happening.

Well, it sounds like the design is still very much a work in progress. Anyone know if KPF will remain as the lead architects? I can't imagine them putting their name on something as wonky as this latest iteration.

Haha, you need to look up the story of Cityplace's Parade.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a preliminary design which will evolve over the next few months. It's not as slick as Cresfords, but there is still time to refine the exterior. It does appear though that ceiling heights will be shorter. 8' ceilings
seem so confining, i can't imagine that happening.

It's Concord we're talking about - "devolve" might be a better term.

AoD

Everyone knew this day was coming... but I have to say Concord has surpassed my expectations (and frequent nightmares).

Sure hope KPF weren't asked to do this ...
If I was an architecture firm with that much prestige I'd say sorry find someone else

Hoping for a lighting feature. I've heard people say on the forums that the City hates what happened with the Aura lighting, but the Aura lighting is the best part of it and makes the skyline and seeing the building from different parts of the city much more interesting. Having this triangular roofline shape lit up could help distract from the junkiness of the rest of the building.

Last edited:
Hoping for a lighting feature. I've heard people say on the forums that the City hates what happens with the Aura lighting, but the Aura lighting is the best part of it and makes the skyline and seeing the building from different parts of the city much more interesting. Having this triangular roofline shape lit up could help distract from the junkiness of the rest of the building.
Aura Electrician want to have a chat with you.

AoD

I like it. They should add an out door space for a roof top restaurant.
You're about 5 months late on April Fools.

I'd say there's a 0.01% chance KPF is still involved with this. And if the design is still a work in progress, then this will get even worse than it already has.

Generally speaking (not targetting this at you) but I dont know why people expect any pleasant design work to come out of a Concord project. It's been proven time and time again they simply do not give a damn about their projects, and will execute it as cheapily as possible using the cheapest quality products available. The same goes for their Central Condos project, and Canada House project both of which are currently under construction, and are destined to be a complete abysmal mess.

Back