It’s been over year since I’ve seen Union Station at night. Glad to see the lights on, and the art installation makes it look extra cool.

AE6DC557-9AC9-4330-97DC-CE541FBF630B.jpeg

It’s been over year since I’ve seen Union Station at night. Glad to see the lights on, and the art installation makes it look extra cool.

View attachment 352066

Due to the orange illumination, on a dark pavement, at night, plus the script at the bottom, I get a sorta of Halloween vibe out of it. Which I realize is not the intent..........but I do!

Not my retailer of choice (no knock on them); but Sephora will be part of the mix at Union Station sometime in early 2022.

While I can't say much about the other offerings to come.............I can say its an interesting mix that will make many here happy.

This paragraph, from the Retail-Insider article linked above hints at that:

View attachment 350711

I'm also going to add as an aside, there are some other big retail names coming to the immediate area around Union in the next couple of years........
Who's coming to the area around Union? In what locations?

Who's coming to the area around Union? In what locations?

If I was allowed to tell you that, I would.

I may be able to share some names ahead of public announcements; but no guarantees.

PS. I'm not directly tied to the projects in question; I'm just, in-the-loop.

Last edited:
I prefer not to get shot if you tell me...

LOL, not the penalty that would apply; and not the person either; its the teller who may get in trouble; but fortunately the death penalty is not the applicable punishment.

Question regarding the new Union Station Bus Terminal:

Are the workers in reflective gear who are ushering buses in and out of the station temporary, or is this a permanent arrangement?
They are clearly needed so they are either staying or Metrolinx has some other plan to keep buses and people safely separated. No doubt paying them for 18 hours a day is not cheap. Perhaps not as well planned as one might have hoped?

Question regarding the new Union Station Bus Terminal:

Are the workers in reflective gear who are ushering buses in and out of the station temporary, or is this a permanent arrangement?

Permanent. This is as a result of an incident at Hamilton GO Terminal last year, and due to the sightlines - or lack thereof - in the terminal.

Dan

Permanent. This is as a result of an incident at Hamilton GO Terminal last year, and due to the sightlines - or lack thereof - in the terminal.

Dan

That's unfortunate. However, they have security doors at each bus bay that only open for passengers when a bus is departing or arriving. Is that not sufficient?

Seems like a very significant and expensive oversight. I swear I counted 20 staff working the apron last week. Their reflective jackets had AAI on them - a transportation and logistics company - so they're probably non-unionized and temps.

Back