Almost as tall as 1 Bloor East, which is currently the second tallest building after Aura outside the core. Sometimes when looking at (amazing) skyline of the future renderings with all the other massive future or proposed buildings next to them it's easy to forget how big buildings like this are relative to the current scale of our city. If these went up today they would be incredibly significant on the skyline. The taller one would be the 7th tallest building in the city or the 6th depending on how you count St. Regis.

These look absolutely awesome and beautiful. Love the warm tones and curves here.

I for one dont mind the park that much, I don't really think itll break up the street wall in the grand scheme of things, especially with how tall these things are.

Re: hysan place. I honestly think it's one of the worst vertical malls in the city. My personal favorite was mega box, it just wasnt super well used because of location and lack of convenient public transit access. I would also love to see a vertical mall gain traction in Toronto.

new-mega-box-shopping-mall-in-hong-kong-2007-ACW0MR.jpg

(Credit alamy)
mega-box-hong-kong-shopping-mall-located-kowloon-bay-megabox-large-shopping-centre-36064416.jpg

(Credit dreamstime)
MegaBox-Hong-Kong-5.jpg

(Credit I love hong kong)
image.jpg

(Credit time out)

As a side note playing hockey on the 10th floor of a shopping mall with a giant window overlooking the harbor was one of the coolest rink experiences (though it wasnt really well thought out cuz sun in your eyes was a major problem at some times of the day lol)

I imagine the ground floor here could be radically reimagined in a positive fashion if loading bays, staging, and parking ramps went underground one level. Would that be so hard to integrate?

I mean, when you have a massive development like this and the most active uses you can cram on the ground floor is this... there's something wrong:

View attachment 353935

As much as I love these two skyscraper's height. They're at basically the same height as the other proposed tower beside them . Creating a wall effect as seen in FutureModerlTo photos in the previous page. I still think the building in the middle should be cut by least a quarter of its size. Then added to the other twin tower creating a supertall creating some hieght diversity. PS The Concord sky tower is too wide and covers up the view of those other proposals looking west on the photo . The beautiful 372 Yonge tower is one project that deserves a view at supertall status as well.

Love your flyby from Etobicoke Harbourfront area Koops !! If I'm not mistaken I think I can see the proposed 79 storey condo from the Davisville area. Love to see the flyby from Etobicoke to the Midtown Davisville area if possible thanks !!

These look absolutely awesome and beautiful. Love the warm tones and curves here.

I for one dont mind the park that much, I don't really think itll break up the street wall in the grand scheme of things, especially with how tall these things are.

Re: hysan place. I honestly think it's one of the worst vertical malls in the city. My personal favorite was mega box, it just wasnt super well used because of location and lack of convenient public transit access. I would also love to see a vertical mall gain traction in Toronto.

As a side note playing hockey on the 10th floor of a shopping mall with a giant window overlooking the harbor was one of the coolest rink experiences (though it wasnt really well thought out cuz sun in your eyes was a major problem at some times of the day lol)
We're getting off topic but...Mega Box? Really? I mean...It's fine, I guess, but it's really not in the same league as the others. It's got a number of West Edmonton Mall-style novelties that make it somewhat interesting, but if you're not already in Kowloon Bay, why would you go here? And if you are, why would you not just stay at Telford Plaza? To each their own I guess. The view is nice though.

IMG_6203.jpg

78EF92DF-5D56-4767-B6F9-08FCE98ECAE3.jpeg

Last edited:

Back