MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A new mixed use project on 1st Ave in Bridgeland, located at the SE corner of 1st Ave and 9A Street NE.
BL_thumbnail2.jpg

Image9.jpg

Image11.jpg
Image10.jpg

Previous renderings

1634750678132.png1634750711614.png1634750781797.png1634750817381.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that south elevation mean that there will be a small green space between this and the adjacent house?

As someone who lives on a lot that will likely end up with this type of thing as a direct neighbour one day, I don't mind that. Having all the balconies looming over your yard wouldn't be ideal, but given that's the south side it would be pretty hard to avoid that.

I like the massing for the area, but I'm having a hard time with the proportioning/material choice. Just seems like a lot going on with no clear unifier. Maybe the intention was to break it up, but it almost succeeds too well at that. Definitely not refined or elegant, but I take the density boost with a neutral palette I guess.

i went by there and saw the signage, first reaction was why no retail. dont know if theres a plan or what it is but seems like a fail to me.
Yea same, not liking it. Something like this would kill the momentum 1st ave has built to date. This development is something that should be built behind 1st ave, not on the mainstreet.

I'm fine without the retail. It would be a decent bonus, but for now, it'd be nice to see the section between 9th street and Edmonton trail get more development, especially on the north side.

The property changed hands I believe. I approached the current owner/developer, but never heard back. We were going to propose a slight variation to this design, with some random slotted privacy screens at the balconies. Anyway, what's done is done.

I hope it's sent back and forced to add retail. I'd like to see retail fully active on both sides of 1st ave, at least up to 11th St NE, if not 12th St NE. We got a great dense neighborhood to the South with an LRT station close by, so I'd like to see our city build on that success towards the Northside of 1st ave. A development like this is wasting the potential of an emerging Mainstreet.

Back