News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A decision on the new height will be made soon.

I did a comparison diagram a few months ago, here it is:

Eq7UffoWMAAoDC6
Really hope that the new height will be approved!

Thanks again for all the aamazing infographics/diagrams that you create!

Updated Toronto Supertall Skyscrapers diagram:

51500747375_83da7f9f91_k.jpg
Hey, this is cool! But if you're counting the spire on CC3 toward its height, shouldn't the spire on the HUB also count? If so, I believe that takes its height to 304m.

Hey, this is cool! But if you're counting the spire on CC3 toward its height, shouldn't the spire on the HUB also count? If so, I believe that takes its height to 304m.

Great question… the spire on The Hub is a antenna of some sorts.
As for CC3, I believe it’s also an antenna though it was referred to as a spire at one point, so it was debated whether or not it counted toward is official height.

Great question… the spire on The Hub is a antenna of some sorts.
As for CC3, I believe it’s also an antenna though it was referred to as a spire at one point, so it was debated whether or not it counted toward is official height.
Gotcha! If we're going by the CTBUH criteria, functional equipment like antennas aren't included in the height because they're often temporary, so their height could change or they could be removed altogether based on shifts in technology. But in the case of the HUB, the spire/antenna looks to be permanent and part of the building's architectural expression (there's even space for a sign embedded in it), so I think there'd be a strong argument for including it in the height.

Last edited:
Updated Toronto Supertall Skyscrapers diagram:

51500747375_83da7f9f91_k.jpg
The next five years are going to be huge for Toronto's skyline (figuratively and literally speaking). Each of these seven are taller than anything on the skyline to date, and I'm happy to say that at least five of them will be great additions to the skyline from an architectural standpoint.

Back